Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

OK, I really liked Spiderman in Civil War. I like what I see in the previews for this film. My one problem with the film is this:
They have Keaton at The Vulture. I find this somewhat distracting having seen him in Birdman: The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance where he plays a washed up actor who had a career in comic book movies as a Birdman. There's a million other actors they could've selected for the role, why did it have to be Keaton? Maybe it's just me, but watching this film I won't be able to stop myself from thinking of Birdman as Keaton flaps around the screen.

Anyone feel like they revealed a bit too much in this trailer?
Marvel's trailers recently have been perfect, building up hype but not making it seem as if the best parts of the movie were already squeezed into those 3 minutes (looking at ones such as Guardians 2) but this one? Eh.
People are saying that Sony meddled with it. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sony Execs meddled with production. They've ruined films in the past by doing that.

I’m a little concerned with Iron Man’s presence myself. A staple of Peter’s appeal was that he was an ordinary guy who had to rough it out and make ends meet himself, balancing his heroics with simply trying to get by, which made him both human and relatable. Having a multi billionaire supporting him in both his crime fighting and civilian life dilutes that aspect of his character and weakens the everyman aspect that is so essential to his character.

One of Nepal's National Newspapers used this poster for Spider-Man : Homecoming • r/marvelstudios

Apparently the press in Nepal have been using this poster someone cooked up as a p*ss take to advertise the film.

upload_2017-7-8_16-25-21.jpeg

As much as I enjoyed Homecoming I really wish we'd gotten to see this version. And I feel a bit sorry for all the Neaplese film goers who are going to have their hopes for a Marvel/DC cinematic crossover dashed.

Haven't seen it yet, but my sister has seen it and said it was good, so I'm gonna check it out when it comes out in Redbox and hope for the best!

Admittedly, I was initially concerned with Stark's presence as well, but still, I'm pretty optimistic.

You might be pleasantly surprised at Stark's role, or you might not.

I had no idea Michael Keaton was in Homecoming, and hadn't seen any trailers (I close my eyes when they play at the cinema). I did think of Birdman when Keaton first appeared, but while there seemed to be something missing, he was good enough to take my mind away from Birdman after that initial surprise.

I enjoyed the film, but it wasn't one of my favourite superhero films - and not quite up there with Wonder Woman or GotG2. I also prefer Toby Maguire's Spider-Man 2 & 3.

Watched this tonight and thought it was brilliantly done!

The characterisation, the dialogue, the humour, the body-language - heck, even the story - all great!

Definitely prefer this to any other superhero movie I've seen recently. :)