7.16: The Walking Dead - The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Lives

ctg

weaver of the unseen
wvDsPiK.jpg

Dr Evil and the most selfconfident ******* in whole world carrying barbed bat (Photo by Gene Page/AMC)

The show with a marching band and all thrills arrive at the gates of Alexandria Safe-Zone

This episode is 85 minutes long, making it the twelfth extended episode this season.

Terrifyingly, we’re nearly at the end of yet another season of The Walking Dead, as it seems like only yesterday that speculation was rife as to which cast member’s contract had come to an end thanks to Negan’s baseball bat. Since the fateful events that night, season seven has slowly been building to a full blown war against The Saviors and everyone knows that war equals casualties. So as various characters embark on suicide missions, defect and come mentally unravelled, we thought it timely to look at who is most likely to fall in battle (or die like a dog), with little chance of making season eight.
The Walking Dead: who's going to die in the season 7 finale?

Yay, Shiva! I was thinking, as all seemed lost, "what about Carol and the Kingdom brigade"?
I was also thinking that the Sasha iPod music and flashback/death premonition scenes were a little "artsy." I totally didn't expect her to jump out of the coffin as a walker.
Kudos to the writers. They just may have redeemed themselves for the prodding pace of the season.
Pity Sasha didn't succeed in ending Negan -- her primary objective in both life and undeath. As Abraham's true love, she had the top claim for the honor.
Putting Sasha's walker self down was a sad scene. I hope that they buried her body next to Abraham's grave.
Eugene's poison pill proved pivotal afterall. Perhaps his primal survival instincts will produce another flip, now that Negan suspects his role in Sasha's death/undeath.
Curse the Trash Tribe. I knew they couldn't be trusted.

The Best Episode of this season. Maybe in top ten in the whole series, but definitely up there with the 18 Miles Out. It released so much built up anger and rage that I couldn't but punch in the air and shout: "Yeah." The F-word might also have been included, but I have to also admit that I cried on few occasions.

There was no other way this could have gone down and everything boiled nicely to point, when Rick growls in Negan's face: "One day. It might not be today or tomorrow. Or next week. But one day I will kill you." The infamous curse that means so much to some people. In fact it's not just a curse it's an unforgivable grudge that Ricktator have carried on his shoulders ever since he declared himself to be the boss.

Funny thing is Trash Tribe's Leader has brass balls hidden somewhere under her trench coat. She is almost equal with the Old Man Rick. Maybe one day he'll be donning a poncho and take his place next to iconic blondie while the Good, the Bad and the Ugly plays at the background.

I cannot imagine any other ending for her as Rick is unkillable. His destiny is to be remembered as the cursed man who wasn't allowed to die, when the dead started walking around. To be honest, I don't think Negan knew where he stuck his instrument, when he decided to poke the hornet nest - without using the f-word.

Yay, Shiva! I was thinking, as all seemed lost, "what about Carol and the Kingdom brigade"?

I knew they were coming ever since Carol moved them out from the Kingdom. I just thought they were going to be too late and the scene would be sadder. But then I checked the time and saw there was till plenty of time to go and I knew AMC was going to go out with a fight. Alexandria just couldn't go down, while being on their knees. What I didn't see was Shiva's entrance.

That cat. She is death reincarnated. She is a Destroyer of the Worlds. The bringer of Eternal Darkness. And I don't know how she got so close before she brought down the vengange, and to be honest, I don't care because cats are like that. They like to play and mess up with things.

So the timing was done just right, even though it might have felt like ages between the heart beats, when Negan swung Lucielle behind his shoulder.

I was also thinking that the Sasha iPod music and flashback/death premonition scenes were a little "artsy." I totally didn't expect her to jump out of the coffin as a walker.

Kudos to the writers. They just may have redeemed themselves for the prodding pace of the season.

Indeed. They have and to be honest, now they have to choice but to go with the relentless pace as this war cannot go cold. So balls out, show us your best, because this series could really do with some good liberation plot. Sanctuary will have to fall in the next season.

Curse the Trash Tribe. I knew they couldn't be trusted.

Lets burn The Yard. It will give them a good message to not ef with Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom.

I just wanted it to be over... then when I knew it wasnt going to be, I wanted Neegan to use Lucile on Eugene as punishment for having to deal with another season of TWD that will be the same thing as the last two...fighting the Saviors.

Not sure how long I can keep doing this for??

I wanted it to end tonight, thought when Maggie appeared with the Hill Top she was going to get her opportunity to kill Negan. I do hope the war does end in the first half of next season.

Have to love Shiva, I wasn't expecting that pounce, her chomping down on saviours was amazing.
King Ezekiel, he is something else.

Pity walker Sasha didn't get to eat Negan.

Michon will be the one to kill Trash can lady.

Dwight I don't think he has gone back to Negan, feel he is waiting for an opportunity to sabotage the saviours plans.
No longer feel sorry for Eugene, he should have a close encounter with Lucielle.

Deeply unsatisfying. This was not good enough for a season finale. Sasha's death was telegraphed from the opening scene. The Walking Dead has done far better action scenes before ie. the Governor's attack on the prison.

It had its moments. Shiva, Ezekiel's speech to Morgan, Negan and Rick facing off, Eugene saying I am Negan but not near enough for a 85 minute finale.

Enjoyed the episode. Tiger action, what's not to like. Lots of those bullets must be blanks mind you
The season has been satisfactory. Now that I have accepted TWD for what it is, a post apocalyptic soap opera, I am enjoying it more.
I don't feel the frustration with the pace or reoccurring themes, I just let the tale wash over me and see what the guys are getting up to this week.
I think 'our group' need a better battle planner then Rick the ex cop, never seems to manage the art of surprise, always the one being surprised.

I was hoping we would have a Negan conclusion tonight but hay ho, however the writers have done it before, where they might wrap this up in an explosive start to next season. Maybe our group can utilise the biggest, baddest weapon that's still about - The Walkers, nothing like a well organised hoard to bolster your troops...

Not the best finale, but I was happy the way the season recovered from a poor start and went back to basics. It's an incredibly repetitive show, but equally addictive, so I will be back for more.

I wanted it to end tonight, thought when Maggie appeared with the Hill Top she was going to get her opportunity to kill Negan. I do hope the war does end in the first half of next season.

Have to love Shiva, I wasn't expecting that pounce, her chomping down on saviours was amazing.
King Ezekiel, he is something else.

Michon will be the one to kill Trash can lady.

Dwight I don't think he has gone back to Negan, feel he is waiting for an opportunity to sabotage the saviours plans.
No longer feel sorry for Eugene, he should have a close encounter with Lucielle.

Before the timely intervention of undead Sasha and the Tiger and the two other groups . When Ricked look Negan in the Eye and promised he'd end him and his group, Negan blinked. I found that very interesting. I think that was the real tipping point in their relationship.

I think Eugene in a fit of guilt over Sasha and how he let his other friends down is going to do something to sabotage Negan. And I think, Negan won't see it coming.

I was a tad disappointed. The Sasha Abraham and coffin scenes slowed things down again. But there were some action this time!
I said last week Negan should be killed by a Walker. So close! I did thing Sasha would turn into one as the episode progressed, there was quite a while to think about what she would do. The tiger attack surprised me though. The fight wasn't quite as good as hoped. So we again have to hope for improvements next season. I really hope they do a feast of action over just a few episodes to resolve the "war". It isn't quite up to Governor standards after all.
Michonne had a great scrap. Though Junk tribe people were just fodder!

The I didn't know figure was from Dwight right?

Betrayal, action, tension, tiger eating bad guys, all good. And as a voice of one I'm glad that Negan is coming back in the next season. He's a superb villian and we will no doubt see more of his nastiness in the future. Love that tiger.

The I didn't know figure was from Dwight right?

Yes. Mr D left it behind. You can see he was as surprised of Yard Lady's betrayal as was everyone. If they would have been real and all people would have opened fire, it would have been The End for Negan and his followers. And we can certainly assume Daryl will carry out his promise if Dwight turns his coat again.

I said last week Negan should be killed by a Walker. So close! I did thing Sasha would turn into one as the episode progressed, there was quite a while to think about what she would do.

For a big burly man Negan didn't act as I thought he would. I don't know if he got shocked by the coffin, but if he would have had his guard up, he could have just taken a side-step and let Sasha fall on her face. That would have been an end to the whole fight scene, because I don't think anyone would have reacted and started slaughtering.

The Walking Dead has done far better action scenes before ie. the Governor's attack on the prison.

The fight wasn't quite as good as hoped. So we again have to hope for improvements next season. I really hope they do a feast of action over just a few episodes to resolve the "war". It isn't quite up to Governor standards after all.

The end of Terminus is one of the best fight scenes in this series. Governor's assault on the prison was on bar with this bit of action. The biggest problem I had was with Carl and use of FN FAL. It wasn't suitable for his character. And Daryl acquiring a highly modded AR was unbelievable stupid. But overall it was such a satisfactory to see them raise arms and commit some fighting instead of being sheep.

Before I forget the best fight scene was with Gabriel. Padre really raised his gun and gave some judgement on Saviors. He reached another level of coolness by his actions, because we know how he has struggled with his beliefs and committing himself to the acts of war. I wish we would see at least one of his talks to the Alexandrian community in next season as for now he is just a side-character.

The Best Episode of this season. Maybe in top ten in the whole series, but definitely up there with the 18 Miles Out. It released so much built up anger and rage that I couldn't but punch in the air and shout: "Yeah." The F-word might also have been included, but I have to also admit that I cried on few occasions.

Agree on best episode, yet. I think though, for me at this point it is the end of the road for the Old Walking Dead series. I seem to remember that the producers and the actors were saying that this season was going to be a soft reboot of the show. It is not the same show that I have grown to love. It was the perfect finale for that show. Season 8 and onward will be different and I will not tune in. I don't do it out of spite, it's just I don't care much for most of the new people and I never like Negan's character. I don't really care what happens next..

Apologies if discussed elsewhere.
I don't really understand the rubbish tip people.
How long has it been since the 'event', would people completely change/evolve how they speak and communicate in such a short period of time, whatever the circumstances? Maybe they were a group from some kind of institution before?
Certainly never came across as trustworthy, or even capable of understanding any concept other than self preservation, great allies!

How long has it been since the 'event', would people completely change/evolve how they speak and communicate in such a short period of time, whatever the circumstances?

I have on my personal experience a change in personality after a major trauma. The zombie apocalypse were really dramatic and evidently have driven people completely bonkers. But that Trash Lady, she saw through Rick and she used one of the oldest trick in the book, fool your opponent - the reason why Maori's paint their faces and commit haku at front of their adversaries. Hence I said: "she's having huge brass balls hidden somewhere under that trench coat."

However, who really know what goes in her head as we don't get much from their perspective. We don't even know how Negan pulled all these deals. Not really. The little they show it's all giving a negative light even though according to this episode he tried to make a deal for the peace. Maybe he realises that the numbers are dwingling down and ultimately they're on a point where it really starts to matter and the dead win, because there's not enough of gene-pool left to continue traditional human lifeline.