Call for Submissions - Write Sinister - name pending...

sinister42

A sinister writer.
Supporter
Alright, I'm going to start a podcast. And I'd like to read some of your stuff on it! I can't pay you anything, and at first, your stuff will just be thrown into the cosmic aether, unnoticed and unrecognized, as is the case with any podcast starting out. But who knows what might develop in the future?

So send me:

-Stories 3,000 words or under.

-Stories that break genre conventions. Elves and flying cars. Dragons and spaceships. Dungeons and cyborgs. Magic and time travel. Funny noir detective fiction involving imps and alternate universes and a guy named Steve who has three heads. Stories involving a society of sentient cheese. Examples? Read China Mieville, H.P. Lovecraft, Terry Pratchett, Jeff Vandermeer. Listen to Welcome to Night Vale.

-No restrictions on language - say f*ck as many times as you'd like, as long as it's clever. Just make your story grammatically correct and typo-free.

-Let me know how you want me to credit you - name, contact info if you want, copyright info, etc.

I'm not at all sure when I'm going to have all my sh*t together to actually get this thing done, so no deadline, but the sooner you get stuff to me, the more likely I am to get off my butt and get to work.

Ideas I have for this podcast:

-Giving the listeners prompts to use for submissions to later episodes. ("Write me a story about a guy with twelve legs. I'll read the best three in a month!" kind of thing).

-Talking about weird fiction, slipstream, whatever we're calling it these days, favorite authors, how to break genre conventions, etc.

-There is no thing three.

-That's an old joke, isn't it? Anyway, yeah. This is in its very preliminary phase right now, but I do want to push the button and get things started.

Email your submissions to sinisterblog@gmail.com or PM me here. PDF preferred, but I'll also take Word docs.