7.14: The Walking Dead - The Other Side

ctg

weaver of the unseen
sL9RKtA.jpg

Maggie and Enid (Photo by Gene Page/AMC)

Saviors visit Hilltop

Two episodes left

I am very disappointed in "Doctor" Eugene. Refusing to be sprung by Rosita and Sasha was a new low for him. Judging by his PA announcement and how he was strutting about the premises, he is quite taken with himself in his new role as Negan's "chief engineer." It doesn't appear that he has any plans to help take Negan and the Saviors down from within.
Sasha seemed strangely cheerful about keeping Rosita on the other side of the fence and embarking on her Negan assassination solo suicide mission. I thought Rosita had the stronger death wish, but Sasha's has a longer history.
In all likelihood, she is doomed to fail. I hope she takes out a few dozen of Negan's troops in the process and doesn't end up being captured alive.

I am very disappointed in "Doctor" Eugene. Refusing to be sprung by Rosita and Sasha was a new low for him. Judging by his PA announcement and how he was strutting about the premises, he is quite taken with himself in his new role as Negan's "chief engineer." It doesn't appear that he has any plans to help take Negan and the Saviors down from within.
Sasha seemed strangely cheerful about keeping Rosita on the other side of the fence and embarking on her Negan assassination solo suicide mission. I thought Rosita had the stronger death wish, but Sasha's has a longer history.
In all likelihood, she is doomed to fail. I hope she takes out a few dozen of Negan's troops in the process and doesn't end up being captured alive.

I always liked Sasha and I too hope she get to take down a few of Negan's goons.:)

Am I the only one getting really tired of this season? At this pace we will be in season 10 by the time Neegan and Rick fight to the death

Am I the only one getting really tired of this season? At this pace we will be in season 10 by the time Neegan and Rick fight to the death

I absolutely hate the way they've dragged this out. I hope climax will be worth it.

Reactions: ctg

Who wouldn't? My brain is trying to rationalise his action the best it can and the only reason I can think of is the fear. Fear keeps you alive. It boosts your natural tolerances but it also act against you, because without a fear man become a machine. Something that doesn't love, doesn't care and doesn't feel because everything is so black and white. You just do things because that is your nature.

You look at him covering by the fence and you see from reactions that he was as scared about the future back in the Rickdatorship as he was about his life as a Negan. Thing is he doesn't he is a "Savior" but claim to be one of Negan's doctors, a chief engineer almost as if it's honorary title.

Fear keeps you grounded and to be honest people in the Ricknation never understood the value of individuals until it was too late. What a shame. He could have done so much good on the other side. And Eugene isn't going to be breaking his programming until the threat has gone away.

Until then, no plans other than on how to keep his boss alive and his brain inside his head.

Well, we know she is going to go down fighting or until there's no bullets left. So stupid does what they can to advantage their agenda. We also know that she's heading upcoming ST Discovery. This way she goes out like rest of them. None of them got a happy ending.

You're not alone. My enthusiam has veined and I look forward FTWD more than the season final. With two episodes to go this story is going down somewhat predictable paths, and I'm sorry to bring around the comic, but the original story flies through this time. It has a good pacing, while this one keeps dragging the viewers on needles things. Maybe the reason for this show downfall is the extensive high level roster that keeps rotating from a fresh face to a big star celebrities.

Over the years they've also killed and resurrected people, trying always keep us on our toes. To be honest I don't care about this as much as I used to.

What a sh1t show. But while I'm still writing about this I'd like to bring another turd named Gregory. He had an absolute power to rat them all out. Even "Natalie." Yet, he seemed to want to keep the doctor in the Hilltop and not talk about the other people. I still wouldn't trust him.

Probably never will, while my heart is rooting for Eugene to be the real turncoat and delivering an end to this effing conflict.

Fear keeps you grounded and to be honest people in the Ricknation never understood the value of individuals until it was too late. What a shame. He could have done so much good on the other side. And Eugene isn't going to be breaking his programming until the threat has gone away.
Heroes put the survival of the group above the fear of death. Cowards never get there.
At this point, Eugene looks like a permanent cowardly survivor. If he's not going to flip, he is too valuable to Negan and needs to go. Maybe Sasha will take care of that.
Oops! Sorry Dr. Eugene, too busy shooting everyone to notice who you were.

I'd like to bring another turd named Gregory. He had an absolute power to rat them all out. Even "Natalie." Yet, he seemed to want to keep the doctor in the Hilltop and not talk about the other people. I still wouldn't trust him.
I continue to expect him to rat out not only his "guests" but Rick's plan to unite the communities in rebellion. I was certain that would happen when he took the Savior crew boss aside for that little chat along the fence.

I continue to expect him to rat out not only his "guests" but Rick's plan to unite the communities in rebellion. I was certain that would happen when he took the Savior crew boss aside for that little chat along the fence.

It would be easier if he was removed, but thing is the numbers of the living keeps going down. How many people survived the apocalypse and how many they can lose before the babies has no carers. Nobody other than other children. And the dead. We know how good they are on baby sitting.

It would be easier if he was removed, but thing is the numbers of the living keeps going down. How many people survived the apocalypse and how many they can lose before the babies has no carers. Nobody other than other children. And the dead. We know how good they are on baby sitting.
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ctg
I said awhile back i wanted this story line wrapped up, I'm still enjoying the show but it is dragging on and will likely go into the next series.
I liked the scene with Maggie and Daryl also Rosita opening up to Sasha.

I really hope Sasha isn't taking alive.
Not sure who is the biggest coward, Eugene or Gregory both of them are likely to betray the group if it means saving there own skin.

I was so wrong about Eugene. I genuinely thought he was setting Negan up from the inside. But it turns out he is a coward with no redeeming features. Also agree that this season is dragging out. They need to take a leaf out of the GOT or Vikings crowd in how to advance a plot with pace. At the moment it strikes me as overindulgent.

After much of episodes 9-13 being back to quality viewing this one was back on the slow pace. It focussed on Rosita and Sasha but then barely reached the start of their attack by the end of the episode. But there was some interesting viewing in amongst it. I was glad to see Eugene stay on the dark side, rather than a convenient return. Gregory was kind of entertaining too. It is hard to see good things happening to Sasha.

I do wonder what they can do with the story after Negan is dealt with at some point next season. Infighting between the different groups? Walking Dead crumbling to dust? I will try to hold off reading ahead on the comic.
There can only be so long they can go on with a recognisable chunk of the current cast.

Last edited:

I fully expect that at some stage Gregory will rat out the Alexandrians and give away Rick's plan, expecting to be rewarded. However I suspect that 'reward' will be death, for not giving up the information sooner.

I've been a little behind on catching up on this season. The latter half has been an improvement simply for the fact that we've seen little of Negan, but I have felt it's been dragging a bit. And I also know the Negan storyline is going to extend into next season, so I don't even have a season finale resolution to look forward to. Oh, there will be a fight, and some characters will no doubt die, but Negan won't be one of them...