The Unholy Consult by R. Scott Bakker

R. Scott Bakker AMA on r/fantasy is scheduled for April 3rd
ohmy.gif
?!

Thanks Sarcellus.

No hardback available on Amazon.co.uk so placed my order on Amazon.com

Interesting. I believe that .co.uk carried Overlook's hardcover last year. But it's nice that it still looks like those two release dates might not be months apart this year.

Bakkerfans announced a forthcoming ARC giveaway and Pat's Fantasy Hotlist has released a "Quote of the Day," which basically amounts to an excerpt a couple paragraphs long. Definitely shows off Bakker's amazing writing!

kobo.com has a preview available of the table of contents (all the chapter titles!), the What Has Come Before section, the entirety of chapter 1, and part of chapter 2. Some readers, myself included, have noted difficulty accessing the preview on smartphones and via certain browsers so don't be discouraged if you can't access it first try (I couldn't use Firefox but Safari worked - I'm on a Mac).

Happy reading!

Link

Second Apocalypse members have confirmed purchasing TUC at Waterstones in the UK, shipping from Waterstones to US (at a prohibitive price probably), and having Barnes & Noble in US put books on hold for the second date (not revised!) US date of July 11th!

It's out there :)!

One of the things I appreciate about this website is that I can find out what's really of high quality since I have learned that new books are often way overrated at Goodreads. You can learn many things about a book at that site but the ratings are not to be trusted. From this thread and others I know for sure, without equivocation, that I absolutely must read Bakker and skip some of the other fluff that's new on the fantasy shelf. There is just too much to keep up with when I split my time between SF,F,Historical Fiction, and Westerns. Bakker sounds very original, deep, and well-crafted. He's high on the list now.

One of the things I appreciate about this website is that I can find out what's really of high quality since I have learned that new books are often way overrated at Goodreads. You can learn many things about a book at that site but the ratings are not to be trusted. From this thread and others I know for sure, without equivocation, that I absolutely must read Bakker and skip some of the other fluff that's new on the fantasy shelf. There is just too much to keep up with when I split my time between SF,F,Historical Fiction, and Westerns. Bakker sounds very original, deep, and well-crafted. He's high on the list now.

I very recently finished The Warrior Prophet and I've just started The Thousandfold Thought. It's an incredible series. There's a chapter in The Warrior Prophet called The Plains of Mengedda. It's mind blowing. Hope you enjoy reading him as much as I am.

You'll have to let us know what you think. Forewarning that everyone but a few of us seem to have trouble with the first two thirds of The Darkness That Comes Before (Book #1).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Werthead Reviews & Interviews 4
R SFF Lounge 4