(Found) A book containing GM crops and animals?

Dee

Hi all,

I'm trying in vain to remember a book I read just last year (on Kindle). It's an apocalyptic tale about GM crops which were invented to feed the starving - the roots of these crops grew down below the water table etc... So, the story goes that the crops go against nature (of course) and take over the planet. The main character is a guy who lives alone, but teams up with a female scientist wherein they try figure out what's happening. As the crops are GM, the animals feeding off them have changed too, and turn into hybrid type monster animals...

The book is relatively new (I think) - it was a great read, and I'm trying to find a follow up to the story but cannot remember the name or author is this book.

If anyone could help at all, I'd be so grateful!

Thanks,

Dee

Oh my word! Danny! That's the one! Thank you so much, I've been racking the oul grey matter for months now with no success. I'm so looking forward to reading the next part!

You're a legend!

I never thought I'd find the name of that book til I posted whatever I could here- it actually got to the stage where I thought I had dreamt the book! Downloaded second book which I'll get to once I finish reading a trilogy about the second messiah or evil reincarnated.. good read! Thanks again Danny! I'll be back again no doubt!

The author has other pen names with books by 'em all..
Jeremy Robinson
Jeremy Bishop
Ike (some surname that I've just forgot!)
And another - also forgot