Beneath the Skin—Now available in paperback, at last!

Teresa Edgerton

Goblin Princess
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, for those of you who have been waiting to buy the book in paper-and-ink you can do it now!
http://smarturl.it/beneath-the-skin?IQid=tbp-chrons

In a dystopian future, a healer and a shapechanger join forces against a ruthless alliance of powerful families.

Aleta Graham is a healer and empath, abilities that make her useful indeed to the Dagarro family, who have addicted her to the drug known as Sand in order to keep her submissive. But Aleta is determined to no longer be their pawn. Fighting to overcome the influence of the drug, she makes a desperate bid for freedom—even knowing that the penalty for disloyalty to the family is death.

Riven is a shapechanger, a computer genius, a spy sent by the government to destroy the power of the Dagarro. By taking on multiple identities he becomes at once Aleta’s dearest friend and most feared enemy. But in growing closer to Aleta, Riven imperils himself and his mission.

BTS16-redder red-2 copy.jpg

I went out today (blood tests at the doctor) and on the way home in the car John and I were talking about what to expect tonight from our favorite TV pundit. Two thoughts came together in my mind. One was not a new one: how very relevant parts of Beneath the Skin have become since November, although every word of it was written before that. The other was how much more relevant those parts have become in just the last few weeks.

Imagine a future where humans have spread out across much of the galaxy. Now imagine that most of the inhabited galaxy is governed by a group of families who resemble in many ways a certain family recently in the news, who see themselves as above the rules, who believe that the acquisition of wealth and power justifies anything and everything. Imagine that this arrogance and sense of entitlement had solidified and even magnified for generations. What would it mean for government, the environment, and the working classes?

The worst case scenario might bear a certain resemblance to Carolyn's solaratti.

Now you've really peaked my interest ..... as well as made me sigh with regret.

I've finished "Beneath the Skin." It's a good read and I recommend it. Here's my review on Amazon.

This is a Science Fiction Book where romance is a significant part of the story. It is set in the far future and its main character Aleta is a an empath with healing powers. She has had a very difficult childhood, but the main part of the story is how she about her attempt to break her enslavement and become master of her own fate. I found the science fiction part of the story to be appropriate for the setting, I found the characters understandable, both the protagonists and the antagonists. I am not much for romances. I usually find them intolerably frustrating but in this story the romance did not overwhelm the story and made for some satisfying conflict. This book is recommended.

I've finished "Beneath the Skin." It's a good read and I recommend it. Here's my review on Amazon.

This is a Science Fiction Book where romance is a significant part of the story. It is set in the far future and its main character Aleta is a an empath with healing powers. She has had a very difficult childhood, but the main part of the story is how she about her attempt to break her enslavement and become master of her own fate. I found the science fiction part of the story to be appropriate for the setting, I found the characters understandable, both the protagonists and the antagonists. I am not much for romances. I usually find them intolerably frustrating but in this story the romance did not overwhelm the story and made for some satisfying conflict. This book is recommended.

Cheers Parson. Is one getting in touch with one's feminine side at last. :)

Cheers Parson. Is one getting in touch with one's feminine side at last. :)

It is a hard job getting in touch with one's feminine side. Reading romances, especially good SF romances, is not part of it though. What is hard is putting on moisturizer, I mean that's an insult to manly equipment. (which I've had to do lately, Sigh!)

I am happy you liked the book, Parson (and survived with your manly equipment intact). Thank you for the review!