Black Tide Rising by John Ringo

The Great Snook

I just started this Anthology. I admit to being hot and cold with John Ringo. He always seems to frustrate me as I like his books and then he just seems to run out of steam and abandon series to start a new series.

The Black Tide series he at least gave it a go at ending it. I thought it was a little rushed the way he did end it, but I did really enjoy it.

This book is short stories written by other authors in the Black Tide universe. So far I have barely scratched the surface, but I am enjoying the first story by Eric Flint.

I am a fan of Ringo also, but will agree I wish he would run his book series longer. The zombie stories were fun.

do like his Hot Gates series... loved a few of the others but then as you say yet other stories aren't so much unputdownable as much as unpickupable

Finished the book last night. There were some really good stories. I especially liked the very last one that Ringo wrote. It had no action, but was more of a philosophical discussion. The issue was "What to do with the betas?" Betas are zombies that don't have the crazy killing urges. They can be trained to do simple tasks and the debate was if they should make them slaves for farming and the females for breeding to help repopulate the Earth. It was a great read, made me think about it long after I was done reading the story.