Cinema's Unlikable Movie Characters?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Actually, It should Cinemas Most Unlikable Movie characters . Which Characters and what makes them so objectionable? :)

Are we talking about characters who should be likeable and are annoying? If so, I'd go for Jar Jar Binks and River Tam.

For sheer unpleasantness, I'd choose one of cinema's least likeable characters ever: Szell from Marathon Man.

Orlando "Legolas" Bloom!

Irritating beyond belief (especially that bloody surf-boarding scene!), and about as wooden as Fangorn Forest!

Damn it, both Jar Jar and Troi already named.

RX, that was always great. "Death to humans! I will feast upon your children!"

"Captain, I'm sensing... hostility."

Deana Troi.

"Captain, I'm sensing aggression from the well armed alien that is yelling at us."

... and speaking of ST:NG, I would have to add Wesley Crusher to my list of "irritating gits that should have been zapped right from the off!"

and add to that, Joffrey Baratheon, from GoT !

(I realise these two characters are from TV rather than cinema; but they're still incredibly irritating)

St Elmos Fire 1985 . All the characters in that film were a bunch nasty, spoiled, self-centered , narcissistic jerks.

Last edited:
St Elmos Fire 1985 . All the characters in that film were a bunch nasty, spoiled, self-centered , narcissistic jerks.
Noooo, I think of St Elmos Fire as a really big 80s music video. Just full of cr*p. They made no sense. It made no sense. But then did most of the 80s???? No! Of course it didn't. (I should know, I was there for all of it as a child/teenager/young man ;))

Unlikeable characters from movies. Easy. The childcatcher from Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang. Still makes me shiver and nauseous when I see someone that is close to his likeness. Also get a similar vibe from the Munsters (it was played in the UK in the late 70s. Probably because it was dirt cheap)...however not that the characters were bad. Yet, they somehow thinking about that show, even now, makes me barf at 'peeled boiled potatoes', that I think were there in the show somewhere. Or might have been my Sunday dinner at the time.

Noooo, I think of St Elmos Fire as a really big 80s music video. Just full of cr*p. They made no sense. It made no sense. But then did most of the 80s???? No! Of course it didn't. (I should know, I was there for all of it as a child/teenager/young man ;))

Unlikeable characters from movies. Easy. The childcatcher from Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang. Still makes me shiver and nauseous when I see someone that is close to his likeness. Also get a similar vibe from the Munsters (it was played in the UK in the late 70s. Probably because it was dirt cheap)...however not that the characters were bad. Yet, they somehow thinking about that show, even now, makes me barf at 'peeled boiled potatoes', that I think were there in the show somewhere. Or might have been my Sunday dinner at the time.

St Elmos Fire would have been a far better film if .Freddy Krueger, Jason Vorhees , Michael Myers or Pinhead and his Cenobites had all shown up.:D

Exsqueeze me.

The Phantom Menace was such a spectacular disappointment to see in 1999.
I'd say within 5 minutes I thought "I have a bad feeling about this."

The saber fight was the only redeeming thing.

That's funny about the Munsters since the feature film was set in the UK. They retconned it so Herman was adopted by a family in England.
But it was shot in California. It is very difficult to make California look like English countryside!

In a scene where he and Grandpa have to climb over a vat of acid in a mansion basement he looks to it and says: "You'd think the Department of Health would get them to take care of that."

I think in the TV series Herman and Grandpa were far above anything the cast of Elmo's Fire could ever deliver, no comparison. The movie was just a commercial vehicle to announce the world syndication of the TV series which worked better than the movie perhaps because they were limited to 30 minutes. From what I recall The Three Stooges movies with exception of the Hercules movie didn't fare anywhere as well as the shorts.

Back