Cinema's Unlikable Movie Characters?

Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor from Batman V. Superman.

Eisenberg's a tremendous actor, but he was just all sorts of wrong for this role. His portrayal of everybody's favorite premature balding megalomaniac came off as way too neurotic, whiny, and flat out undignified at times.

it's especially frustrating considering they could have had BRYAN FREAKIN' CRANSTON play the role.

I didn't like ANYONE in the 2015 film, Jurrasic World. Within the first half hour, I couldn't stand any character. I wanted everyone eaten. This was the movie that completely turned me away from the series.

I agree with that sentiment.

The Entire Corleone clan in the The Godfather.

The Godfather novel is awful! I can't believe what a trashy sleazy work it is, given the reputation.

Glengarry Glen Ross 1992 . There wasn't one single likable redeemable character in that whole miserable film . It rival St Elmos Fire in that regard.:eek:

Allie Fox The Mosquito Cost. An absolutely miserable and vile human being who uprooted whole family and took them to live the jungles of South America ansawsy from civilization . He put his whole family though hell and caused his own downfall all because of his misguided principles and misbegotten beliefs about the world around him. Reverend Spellgood a bigoted , smarmy , condescending , religious zealot every bit as vile and miserable as Allie Fox.

I never liked Luke Skywalker, he almost reminded me of John Boy Walton. I always wanted John Boy to be a rapist or a serial Killer cause he was so bland!.. something truly bad really. Like Luke whos only crime in youth was to lust after his sister.

The Man Who Wasn't There 2001 Ed Crane. A user , blackmailer and murderer , a man completely devoid of any kind of decency or conscience. A total sociopath.

Fargo Marge Gunderson a thoroughly annoying, aggravating character and unlikable character.

The Back Hole Dr Hans Reinhardt got exactly what he deserved.

Katherine Parker in the film Working Girl. A conniving, selfish and throughly miserable human being.

Bond should be a thug in a suit with no high-tech chicanery. The current incarnation has probably been closest to that image.
A fan of the literary character, often seen re-reading and referring to the novels on set, Dalton determined to approach the role and play truer to the original character described by Fleming. His 007, therefore, came across as a reluctant agent who did not always enjoy the assignments he was given...​
Unlike Moore, who always seems to be in command, Dalton's Bond sometimes looks like a candidate for the psychiatrist's couch – a burned-out killer who may have just enough energy left for one final mission. That was Fleming's Bond – a man who drank to diminish the poison in his system, the poison of a violent world with impossible demands.... his is the suffering Bond.​
— Steven Jay Rubin writes in The Complete James Bond Movie Encyclopaedia (1995).​
Some modern critics have compared Dalton favourably to Daniel Craig. The Guardian wrote that "they want Bond to be closer to the original Ian Fleming character. They want him to be grittier, darker and less jokey. What they really want, it seems, is to have Dalton back." Dalton himself has claimed that the Bond films starring Daniel Craig are "believable" in the way he wanted his own Bond films to be ...​

Glengarry Glen Ross 1992 . There wasn't one single likable redeemable character in that whole miserable film . It rival St Elmos Fire in that regard.:eek:
I've worked in sales and the number of people there that worship this film and apparently completely missed the satire is both unsurprising and thoroughly depressing.

Back