Cinema's Unlikable Movie Characters?

Bond should be a thug in a suit with no high-tech chicanery. The current incarnation has probably been closest to that image.

Elizabeth and Will from the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise were always dead weight to me.
Mary Jane in the Sam Raimi spiderman trilogy ate up screen time that would have been better spent on Willem Dafoe acting weird.

Bond: Brosnan was my favorite, Sean second. Moore was a fine actor, but unsuitable as Bond. Niven was passable. Dalton horribly inept in the role! Craig is not Bond material, either, and is best suited for non-speaking roles! I can't comment on the others, because I never saw them.

Anakin Skywalker. The helmet helped him immensely.
Darth Vader was an excellent antagonist because he was so cold and, most importantly, controlling. I always assumed that as a Jedi he would once again be in control, but this time with compassion and sentimentality. Instead we got a petulant, impulsive, cock -sure, spoiled brat. Makes no sense

Darth Vader was an excellent antagonist because he was so cold and, most importantly, controlling. I always assumed that as a Jedi he would once again be in control, but this time with compassion and sentimentality. Instead we got a petulant, impulsive, cock -sure, spoiled brat. Makes no sense

Because George Lucas at the time that he was making Star Wars ,didn't really think the the film would be the mega blockbuster that it turned into nor did he really have a blueprint for any sequels or prequels.

Because George Lucas at the time that he was making Star Wars ,didn't really think the the film would be the mega blockbuster that it turned into nor did he really have a blueprint for any sequels or prequels.
True, but he had plenty of time to think about it before they happened, so he's still at fault.

Just goes to show how polarised opinions can be. I hated Brosnan as Bond and Dalton was my favourite.

I wish Timothy Dalton had played Bond alot more then he did. His Bond scary and dangerous. He was magnificent in the role. Piece Brosnan is a very good actor , but he wasn't really the best fit for Bond.

I wish Timothy Dalton had played Bond alot more then he did. His Bond scary and dangerous. He was magnificent in the role. Piece Brosnan is a very good actor , but he wasn't really the best fit for Bond.
BOOOO BOOOO!

;)

BOOOO BOOOO!

Agree... without the wink!

IMO, Timothy Dalton was the anti-Bond. Sensitive, PC *shudder*, a caring gentleman to the point he seemed asexual. The person who turned me on to James Bond, insisted-- that I watch them skipping the first few and watch 'You Only Live Twice,' first. When young, his Dad took him and his brother to see it in '67 (against the wishes of his mother)... past that, I went back to the beginning and watched them in order, and since then have watched them all.

So, naturally, like he, Connery was Bond. A man's-man, suave though confidently aloof-- blah, blah, blah. The rest were pseudo-Bonds, but, I really liked Brosnan. Though who doesn't? ;) When James 'Blonde' was announced, Craig, I was absolutely prepared with every reason and justification to argue that there was ONLY, one Bond... Connery. Boy, was I wrong.

Craig added that bit of sociopathic detachment that Connery only hinted at... So, I have been turned. Craig is the best Bond ever. Best of all, the man that turned me onto James Bond, grudgingly agrees.

And all is right in the world, once again ;)

K2

When James 'Blonde' was announced, Craig, I was absolutely prepared with every reason and justification to argue that there was ONLY, one Bond... Connery. Boy, was I wrong.

Craig added that bit of sociopathic detachment that Connery only hinted at... So, I have been turned. Craig is the best Bond ever. Best of all, the man that turned me onto James Bond, grudgingly agrees.

And all is right in the world, once again ;)

K2
I'll agree, Craig had the right attitude... now if he could only deliver his lines using appropriate simulated emotions!

Goodness. To think we've got this far without mentioning Captain Jack Sparrow. Watching him is like watching someone do an impersonation of somebody* that they've only heard of by rumour, and of which they're inexplicably extremely proud. Bond is a bit of a non-character, just a moody tuxedo that shoots things and makes bad quips, and is easier to ignore. Jack Sparrow is full-on, in-your-face ghastly.

*I know it's meant to be Keith Richards but frankly it could be Michael Caine or David Bowie on the way home from the pub.

Every single character in the movie Glengarry Glen Ross. This is another film which there is not one likable or even remotely redeemable character in the entire film. :mad:

Back