Might be of interest?

It's not organised as a 1-100 ranking, but by type. In fact Chrons is the first-named in the community section. (And it looks like Absolute Write doesn't even get a mention, which is strange.)

It's not organised as a 1-100 ranking, but by type. In fact Chrons is the first-named in the community section. (And it looks like Absolute Write doesn't even get a mention, which is strange.)
Man, I don't think that's strange at all.

Yes, that's pretty rocking for a niche community (since we're all geeks and nerds and like swords and blasters and wot not :D)

Absolute write is a strange one. But what they do well is also niche - industry advice, with a skew to trad publishing. They do have crit boards, and active ones, but I don't find it their strength. I'm surprised something like K-boards didn't get mentioned, though. so, go us!

That's a really lovely thing to see!

I used to listen to a few writing podcasts, including Dead Robot's Society, but now I only listen to Writing Excuses as the DRS is bloated irrelevant waffle most of the time, takes twenty minutes to talk about anything remotely interesting, and my favourite of the hosts - Justin Mcumber (sp?) - left. Writing Excuses is really, really good (although I wish Mary would stop referring everything to puppetry which is her area of expertise. It's often painful to hear her start a sentence with 'in puppetry'. They also reference films which irritates me, too.) and contains some great info for beginners and pros alike.

If a podcast is more than - say 20 mins- I would say the team need to learn how to edit themselves.

pH

Back