February 2017 100 Word Anonymous Writing Challenge Discussion Thread

This is a very painstaking process finding out how many I guessed correct. And the incorrect guesses are piling up. Not promising.

Are you British and old enough, Alyssa?
Your post made me think of the 2 Ronnies sketch:

"Got any 'ose?"
"What sort of 'ose? Garden 'ose? Panty'ose?

Wruter is 50% correct, but mislaid the other half.

CC has three right and one non-author.

Far- 4 correct authors all mislaid.

Alyssa has an author sighted, but not for their entry.

Johnny - 5 non-authors, but with the red herring correctly placed, and 4 correct guesses.

I should also note that although I was Positive I had the right title on the post "Her felonious little plans" should be "his" which is what my spreadsheet and I believe the poll say.

Sorry!

Reading my answers to the guesses will give clues to who entered. I'm giving credit for guessing an entrant even if one mistook which entry they wrote.

In the secret santa game, you get a list with a red herring, so that you don't have to give away what you wrote while guessing.

I like to wait til mines been guessed by three or four people so I have a clue as to who I wrote most like that round. Then put that name down as my "guess" for mine. Because I have a heck of a time spotting the red herring.

Since the voting is closed, I could put up an author list if you guys want one. I'll alphabetize it or something. As my current list is ordered according to when I posted the authors story.

I don’t want to stop anyone’s fun with the guessing, but if we don’t get this month’s underway, we’ll miss March, and April is excluded by having the 300.

So, if you like, I’ll start hosting this month’s at the same time.

If the author of Daddy’s little girl, which seems to have won February, wants to send me a theme and genre, I’ll get it going.
I won’t let on who you are (Who knows. It may even be me and I'm just pretending. :)),
so the guessing for Feb can carry on at the same time.

Woopse! *embarrassed face*

Forgot to notify the winner of their prize. Sorry!

I'm all in favor of getting March up and going.
I'll get the author list up later today.

Maybe do a reveal Sunday if people are done guessing.

Right!

The much awaited (but unbribed) Author List:
(in reverse alphabetical order)
Wruter
Victoria Silverwolf
Vaz
The Dusty Zebra
Starbeast
Shyrka
mosaix
Kerry Buchanan
Johnny Jet
GCJ
farntfar
Cory Swanson
Coast
Cathbad
Cat's Cradle
Ashleyne B. Watts
Alyssa
Alex Darion

Whilst you continue to play the guessing game, why not prepare your entries for the march competition which has just opened.

PM your entries to me, farntfar, for the March 100 word Anonymous challenge.

people are done guessing?

internet cafe just closed, I'll have to put of the reveal till Wednesday...

Thank you for hosting, hopewrites!! :) It was a really fun challenge everyone!

The new challenge is up and running, so I think guessing must be done...I'll mention that I wrote Alan Millstone, Fight For Your Life! (An Interactive Thriller). The real mystery in mine was that the author was trying to kill the reader of the story...the sleeping pills were intended to dull the reader's mind, and then the author (not necessarily me!) was going to try to convince the reader to strangle himself/herself. Isn't that horrible?? Thank you mosaix for the vote! And Wruter guessed that I wrote this one, so well done! Any other stories out there?? :)

Peter-Sellers-in-Pink-Panther-1963.jpg

"How did so many people know it was me? It's obvious, that I must be so obvious."​

Back