February 2017 100 Word Anonymous Writing Challenge Discussion Thread

I have to admit, Griff, that that's one of the best misdirection tricks I've seen on this challenge for a long time.

You've already entered, haven't you? :)

"Greater Love Hath No Man" -- The detective must investigate the victim's motives instead of the killer's.

"A Crime of Passion" -- Delves into the psychology of the investigator.

"Her Felonious Little Plans" -- Makes us reconsider ones near to us.

"Mistaken" -- Shows the reader the consequences of rash actions.

"Star Crossed Sleuths" -- Revisits a classic to portray the folly of quick assumptions.

I just found the other post for this, the one that clearly lays out the deadlines, sorry for asking to repeat info! Still getting used to the forum organization and what not.

I think you're forgiven. The place takes some getting used to.

I've got a fresh crop haunting my inbox. Trying to decide if there'll be time to hop down to the cafe tomorrow after my shift or wait for a more auspicious opening mid-week when I'm supposedly going to have a day or two off...

I'd go tonight but I'm feeling a vampiric drain of ambition and virv, and am hoping to bribe someone else into dinner.

I haven't. New crop going up later today. :)

After recovering from the decadence lavished on me for breakfast this morning.

Probably on my way to pick up lunch decadence.

8 currently warming my in box. As soon as I can pass out and wake back up freash-brained and fully functional, I'll trot down to the cafe and post I swear.

Whew. Long day.

Picked up some flower tea on my way home from the cafe, worked a short shift. Collected ingredients for a splendid dinner. Now I just have to remember where I dropped my ambition and energy off at so I can do the laundry and catch a snooze before my next short shift.

*checks watch* less than 10 days remaining. You! In the corner! Where's your entry?

*mumbled reply*

Uh-huh. Well I better. If you get guessed without having submitted that means you were expected to enter. So let's not have any hurt feelings.

"Alan Millstone, Fight For Your Life!" -- The author creates a new medium in this exciting tale.

"Ben, the Two of Us" -- This chilling story views evil through innocent eyes.

"Love's Letters Lost" -- This introspective character study depicts the psychology of denial.

"Daddy's Little Girl" -- This account of an unsuspected culprit has a sting in its tail.

"I Love My Job" -- This story is an insightful look at the effect of powerful emotions on professionalism.

"For the Love of the Pink Panther" -- This rollicking farce pays tribute to a figure of pop culture.

"Time Loves a Mystery" -- This clever tale makes use of a classic science fiction theme to produce a new twist.

Mm. Nice full inbox.

What's that?

Yes there's room for yours.
No. No one's thought of that yet.

Yes it's very good, now finish it up and get it in before Sunday.

I said Sunday right?

Saturday!?

Oh you better get crackin then. Shoo shoo. Off with you. Write something that makes me look brilliant when I post it for you.

alrighty kiddos!

I emptied my inbox, checked the OP and am ready to talk voting deadlines.

6pm PST on the 25th is less than 24hrs out, I've got the 3rd off and could wrangle some cybercafe time in then, would that be enough time for the voting?

I'll get home from work shortly after 6pm PST tomorrow, change my cloths, grab some change for a snack at the cafe and come post whatever stragglers pop up in my box between now and then *looks significantly at you, yes you, you deadline submitter, you're wanted in this challenge too you know.* I should have everything I need back and up by... lets say 9pm PST and I'll get the voting thread up as close to having everything up and in as humanoidly possible.

If you have an opinion about the voting (having an opinion about voting doesn't necessarily mean you entered, just that you would like to vote maybe. And no one is required to have entered to vote in any of the challenges here!! :D ) please reply with it to this thread before 6pm PST tomorrow as well. I really do want to give everyone the opportunity to vote here that wants it, but I know as well as anyone that time on line can be hard to come by.

*much love to the authors who have already submitted, not only for making me look good (at least till we reveal that you wrote those fabulous stories, not me) but for putting up with my sporadic posting times and being patient when your stories sat in my inbox for days and days and days*

Back