Discussion Thread -- FEBRUARY 2017 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Right, here we go again. As always the entries are brilliant. Some are so brilliant my tiny ape mind doesn't understand them. So, honorables first: Ashleyne, Victoria, Luiglin, Chrispy, JJ (oh so close), Beasty, Parson, Mosiax, DG, Jo, Dusty, Ursa, Her Honor and Kerry.
Not entirely sure why, but Cul gets the gold. Something in the story didn't make sense but it's a nice dream, isn't it?

I've been absent from the challenges for ages -- in fact, I'd almost forgotten they existed. It's a good thing TDZ badgered (zebraed?) me into throwing something together last night. I got home late from outside horsey activities: freezing cold, exhausted and hungry; my phone pinged with a Facebook message -- a certain stripey person LOOMING and GUILT-TRIPPING ME.

Anyway, I really enjoyed writing that little bit of nonsense (one draft, copy and paste). Maybe I'll make more of an effort to get back into the challenges again. Thanks @TheDustyZebra! And thanks, @Droflet for the mention.

The Judge got my vote, but JJ, Crispy, Culhwch and Victoria were all contenders.

What DG said! I was watching the story thread last night, excited to see the wonderful folks posting stories in the effort to get us to 42, and I was so happy when your user-pic popped up. I love the challenges, and it was terrific to see the effort the community put in to reach that magical number of entries. A big thanks to Dusty and Perp, for (respectively) zebraing, and badgering folks to enter. :)

Thanks for the mentions, Droflet, Cathbad & Kerry, and welcome back, Kerry! I know I drop off from time to time when life gets busy, but it's always good to come back.

Now on to the stories!

It really is good to come back. Just like putting on an old dressing gown and a worn pair of slippers. :)

Parson pulls back when thinking about putting on "an old dressing gown." He would be too embarrassed to be comfortable!!

@Droflet ... Thanks for the short listing.
@Cathbad ... Thanks for listing me among your favorites!

Good to be back and part of it too. Started writing out my shortlist and realised that I was listing pretty much every story! Really enjoyed reading through them all so thank you to everyone who took part.

Special mentions to:
The Ivy and Mushroom
- Shyrka
Two Heads - DaveBarsby
A Growth in Intelligence - Parson
The Price - Mr Orange
No more Mr Nice Shrew - The Judge

Shortlisted
The Warmth of Expericence
- Sapheron
Cat and Dog - Culhwch
Littlest Bear - HazelRah

Winner:
Baucis and Philemon - the Continuing story - JohnnyJet!

Fabulous work all, and thanks to Perp Man and TDZ for getting me back into taking part . . .

Edit: Forgot to thank Cathbad for the mention - thank you. Gave me a real little buzz :)

Last edited:
And now I'm wondering if dressing gown means the same in the US as it does here. Maybe I should have said onesie or pyjamas

When I heard "Dressing Gown" I thought of a women's night robe, some of which fall completely into the realm of risque lingerie. -- A quick Google found that there is such a thing as men's dressing gown.

Back