Discussion Thread -- FEBRUARY 2017 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

I'm in! I'm in! :barefoot:

This has been my toughest month. 4-5 variations on the same moral I wanted to use, and none of them would fit into a complete story. I had the beginning and the growth, but couldnt for the life of me work out how to get back for the moral! So this is my sixth try now. Thinked up yesterday and tinked up (down) this evening.

Maybe not my best, but I'm in!:whistle:

url.jpg

Me again.

I see some of you have made submissions, while others have changed their socks, and a select few have done both. Good on you. For the rest of you, who's done neither, no rush. Haste makes waste. Feel free to join Lister's Lazy Club. The best part of it is, you don't have to do anything. Bye for now.

I'm usually starting from scratch at about this time (or not much earlier), while simultaneously writing my entry.

For some reason, I seem to be ahead of the game this month. (It'll probably never happen again.)

@Ursa major .... helps us to understand that hope for the future makes the present more palatable .... like toona or cheezeburgers

@The Judge .... helps us to understand that growing is good, but growing fat, not so much. (Parson squints at Her Honor, is this some sort of fat joke?)

@nixie .... helps us to understand that a story is very different in the eyes of another character.

@LittleStar .... helps us to understand that our dreams are never really fulfilled because we long for what we cannot have.

@Kerrybuchanan .... helps us to understand that you don't always really want what you wish for.

@StormFeather .... helps us to understand that growth is constant in the giver of life. (Stormy, I thought that last was a typo until I looked it up.)

@Mad Alice .... helps us to understand that a mother's love goes beyond death. (The last word is a complete mystery to me.)

I've now lobbied everybody who dares to show their face on Facebook after not having written a story, so maybe we'll make it.

Reading back I now see who I have to blame for laying on the work at the last minute. --- But Yea! The 42 stays as a floor.

[B][USER=23983]@StormFeather
[/B] .... helps us to understand that growth is constant in the giver of life. (Stormy, I thought that last was a typo until I looked it up.)
[/user]
Both TDZ and Perp Man have been cajoling any Chrons members they know on FB and as soon as the theme/genre was mentioned I had the image in my mind. Had to look it up myself too as couldn't remember the full details! Good to be part of this again though ;)

(Parson grins) .... Having never studied any sort of mythology, save perhaps a bit of Greek mythology, references to them are always like walking into a dark room blindfolded. :)

Back