Gemmell Trivia Questions

SilentRoamer

Lets have some Gemmell trivia. This can cover any of his SFF works including the complete Troy series.

I'll start with a nice easy one.

Who plucks an arrow out of the air to save the Iron Code follower?

The question is too cryptic for me! I've read about half the books and remember them roughly rather than in detail. I might get some easier ones. :)

I was perhaps a bit cruel starting with this one! :p

Sorry Glaysher the answer is not Skilgannon. Skilgannon is a lot further down the timeline and never met the Legend (unless you want to count the reincarnation but I personally wouldn't.)

The Iron Code follower is good ol' Druss and the laddie that plucked an arrow out of the eye was his intended match up in the fighting pits, a man even Druss thought he might lose to. The fighting champion Klay.

Ok so I'm going to be a bit kinder here and not such an awful git.

Who is otherwise known as the Jerusalem Man?

Skilgannon did meet the original Druss in White Wolf.

Jon Shannow

Skilgannon did meet the original Druss in White Wolf.

Of course he did how could I forget! The bar scene where Skilgannon tells Druss he would be dead before he even had Snaga swinging. I really shouldn't be forgetting these sorts of things, I think I got mixed up with Decado and the Reborn.

I knew there was a good reason to participate in these threads.

Jon Shannow

Quite right! Ain't nobody wants to mess with the Jerusalem Man!

Your question :)

Now that is cruel! I say I get mixed up with Decado and you throw a Decada question at me!

It's Decado but not the Icekiller. Decado Firehand really springs to mind but I'm fairly sure there was no Decado Firehand.

EDIT: I have it! Decado Firefist! :)

Correct - well done.

What an awesome character. I remember well the reason he became what he did, it was a pretty shocking moment.

Ok your turn. :)

Ok it's either Shadik or Shadak or maybe Shadok.

I think.

I keep thinking it starts Ch but i think Ch names are more used for the Chiatze and I don't remember him being Chiatze.

That wasn't to bad of a guess then just the spelling got me.

Ok so I'll opt for another standalone question and make this one a bit tougher:

In Knights of Dark Renown what metal animal does Lug first coax to life with his magic?

Hehehe come on Gemmell fans!

@Brian G Turner Have you read Knights of Dark Renown? Been a long time since I read that one but I remember that particular scene vividly.

I'm thinking about a Gemmell re-read at the moment - might do a Gemmell year in 2018 and re-read his collected works. Although I don't want to ruin the magic I know you have enjoyed your re-reads based on your reviews?