Phyllis Paul: Twice Lost, Pulled Down, Invisible Darkness, A Little Treachery, more

Please note, everyone, that I have posted these Phyllis Paul summaries here exclusively for the convenience of readers who would find them of interest for their own personal use -- for example, for deciding whether or not to spend a lot of money buying a used copy of one of the novels, or for help tracking characters if they were reading one of the novels, etc. These notes are all to be considered as copyright by me with no implied permission for any other use. For one thing, they represent many hours of reading on my part, and I might wish to use them in an article to be offered for academic publication or for sale to a publisher, etc. They are not to be used as if they were free resources for students writing academic papers.

I have not scrutinized the notes to make sure they mention nothing that someone might consider to be infringing on Chrons restrictions about controversial topics; I wrote these notes primarily for my own use as I read the novels, to help me read alertly and keep details in mind, and I'm sharing them with people here who have expressed, or might come to have, an interest in the mostly very hard-to-get books of a little-known but fascinating woman author. There is almost nothing in print about Paul, especially if you rule out special interest 'zines such as Wormwoodiana that have published a few articles about her. So far as I know, at the present time this thread posted at Chrons is probably the world's major open source for details on her novels and is the only open-access clearinghouse for information about her and her legacy. Phyllis Paul had a strong antipathy to Roman Catholicism, which comes out in several of the books. One can't write about her books without mentioning this topic related to religion.

Thanks.

Last edited: