Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

A new TV spot for the film caused quite an uproar on social media, mainly because it featured Chewbacca smacking a porg off the controls of the Millennium Falcon. Despite the hilarious visual gag it created, the actor playing Chewbacca, Joonas Suotamo, does regret acting so violently towards the creature.

"I definitely felt bad about pushing the porg aside so violently like I did," Suotamo told USA Today. He also noted "like any relationship, it needs some work, and Chewie doesn’t warm up very fast to anything. He’ll need some encouragement."

The responsibility isn't completely on the Wookiee, as the actor points out the porgs need to be an active contributor in that relationship.

"I think the porgs need to initiate the friendliness," he joked.

This porg violence is one of the first examples of the backlash towards the creatures, which first created excitement, but some fans are already sick of hearing about the porgs all over social media. John Boyega recently revealed his true feelings about the creatures.

“I just remember doing some stuff and seeing a lot of porgs around,” Boyega told Entertainment Weekly. “And they are interesting, but for me, I had a love/hate relationship with them. They’re very, very cute, but when you put them in a bunch, in holes, on the Millennium Falcon, that’s when they start to become really, really freaky.”
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi': Chewbacca Actor Feels Bad About Shoving Porg

Daisy Ridley, who spent a lot of time near the creatures while her character Rey trained on Ahch-To, also isn't enamored with the creatures.

"Rey, honestly, is too wrapped up in her own journey to pay attention to porgs," said Ridley. "Which is a sad thing."

She added, "It’s wonderful to be working around practical things on set that have such personality."

Did Luke go weak in his olden days and started a porg farm?

Just finished the Campaign mode in Battlefront 2 and wasn’t prepared for the spoiler. I think it’s a bit unethical to release a spoiling cutscene in a game without prior warning. If I’d known I would have saved the single player campaign till after I saw the film.

pH

Reactions: ctg
Harpo, it's a deranged system. Some say the man who came up with the American dating system (month, day, year) is the same man who suggested introducing a comedy CGI character in The Phantom Menace.

star_wars_the_last_jedi_ver31_xxlg-616x912.jpg

star_wars_the_last_jedi_ver33_xxlg-616x912.jpg

Star Wars: The Last Jedi new object posters go to the Dark Side

Sexy!!!