Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Boneman, you're missing out the Darth Vader resurrection. Although that might be the film after.

I'm only half-joking. I imagine the audience would be split down the middle if that happened.

I don't understand why Luke would train Rey if he thinks that the Jedi should end.

I don't understand why Luke would train Rey if he thinks that the Jedi should end.

It was religion that ended last Jedi council and over the millenniums they've done it repeatedly. So forcing everyone in one mold isn't working even if the idea was good. The Force itself doesn't select candidates as it's everywhere. Some people are gifted to manipulate it and a tightly controlled religion around isn't going to help anything as he might have found out from the sith/jedi holocrons that his father left him.

I suspect holocron's not a vader's light sabre crystal

During preproduction for Star Wars: The Last Jedi I heard rumors about Luke Skywalker having a Kyber crystal he was protecting and/or hiding. One version of the story basically went that Skywalker appeared to have pieces of Darth Vader’s lightsaber on him but they were obscured and you wouldn’t really notice unless you were into the lore. Those kinds of rumors are always fun, especially when they’re coming from credible avenues of information.

I have been told that in Star Wars: The Last Jedi our favorite Skywalker is wearing a pretty cool necklace that might connect to that rumor. The shape supposedly is sort of like that of a wooden dog whistle when seen from a distance. I know that’s a weird analogy but that’s what I was told. However, the interesting part is that when you look at the bottom of the necklace hanging around the neck of Luke Skywalker, you will see a red crystal protruding from the bottom of it.
What's special about Luke Skywalker's necklace in Star Wars: The Last Jedi? | Making Star Wars

There is actually a film poster doing the rounds in the US - though I don't know if it's official:

41JX8c-gPYL._SY450_.jpg

Obviously, Luke and Kylo Ren, with Rey beneath.

If Luke is supposed to bring balance to the force, the poster seems a bit off. :X3:

A friend of mine sent me this yesterday. A side-by-side comparison of the Force Awakens trailer with The Last Jedi. Almost perfectly aligned, though I think it was altered a bit from TFA. :)

Slightly off topic here...Rey's family.

She's an empowered woman so I suppose there'd be no limit to the hyphenations.

Rey Bridger-Kenobi-Kryze-Wren??? I feel like Disney is going to link to the cartoons. Too much money to be gained. The did it with Saw Gerrera.

A friend of mine sent me this yesterday. A side-by-side comparison of the Force Awakens trailer with The Last Jedi. Almost perfectly aligned, though I think it was altered a bit from TFA. :)

This was mentioned in an earlier video, but that's a great visual illustration. Definitely show the same beats, and pattern. :)

I'm not sure if it is mentioned in this thread or not, but "Jedi" in this instance is plural, as in the Last of all Jedi. We know this because the title, when translated into foreign languages, has been translated as a plural. So, the last Jedi is not a particular person and therefore is not Luke or Rey, or even Ezra Bridger. So, I expect "The Last Jedi" instead refers to the end of 'white' Jedi and 'black' Sith and the growth of some new 'grey' practitioners of the Force?

So, I expect "The Last Jedi" instead refers to the end of 'white' Jedi and 'black' Sith and the growth of some new 'grey' practitioners of the Force?

How about just Force users? There are quite many of them out there, and they are not all Jedi or Sith.

Are people expecting Luke to die because the film is called The Last Jedi, or because it's expected?

Because, I don't see it (yet).

pH

I really hope not. I think they would at least keep him around until the closing of the new trilogy, but who knows. Having him die in TLJ after having so much mystery to what he's been up to, especially the lack of info in the new canon, seems like a waste. He's a "treat with care" character I think, more-so than any of the others. Hoping he doesn't get the Solo treatment.

This was mentioned in an earlier video, but that's a great visual illustration. Definitely show the same beats, and pattern. :)

My bad - someone re-jigged The Force Awakens teaser to make it follow The Last Jedi teaser format. Both teasers are indeed very different: