What Graphic novels and Comic Books Would Like to see Adapted to The Big Screen to Television?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Which ones would you like to see become the next big movie of tv franchise? And why do you think they would do we'll in either format? :)

I think Watchmen would make a good netflix series aimed at adults. I know it was already a movie, but I do think the characters and world is interesting enough to make it into a series.

They made a pilot of Global Frequency which was pretty decent but it never went to series.

I think that Saga would work well as a tv series. It's got a very modern/millenial feel to it, has romance, a cute baby, action, a big ensemble cast and lashings of sex and violence.

Probably never happen. They'd need a very big budget I imagine. And I seem to remember reading somewhere that the creator didn't want it to be converted to another medium.

Also. If they can get away with a Preacher TV Series then maybe the world is ready for a Transmetropolitant TV series?

Would love to see Sandman become a movie franchise, doubt that it would ever happen.

I think that Saga would work well as a tv series. It's got a very modern/millenial feel to it, has romance, a cute baby, action, a big ensemble cast and lashings of sex and violence.

Probably never happen. They'd need a very big budget I imagine. And I seem to remember reading somewhere that the creator didn't want it to be converted to another medium.

Saga would be very hard to translate into a different medium; the world setting is almost a childish world with TV headed robots and ghosts and magic mixed with sci-fi. However the story and themes are far more adult and the writing mature and well structured. It's a fantastic example of comic story telling and to translate that into a TVseries or film would be hard; then again one could be faithful and use the comic panel as the storyboard!

The have made Lucifer a TV show which was a Sandman Spin-off

Very true.

Have to say that there is very little of the original Lucifer comic left in that tv series. The novel series was a vast epic encompassing many worlds, characters and conflicts and ultimately the start of a new universe/creation. The tv series is a police procedural with some supernatural family drama mixed in. Great soundtrack though!

Perhaps American Gods will pave the way for a more faithful tv adaptation of Sandman.

Though a crime drama where Dream and Death team up to form a PI company in New York or Chicago would be hilarious.

Hellblazer, The Unwritten, BPRD, Chew, Fables, Monster (that one's a manga). All would be amazing to see on the big screen, although I would definitely have to look away during a lot of Chew.

I'm a big fan of Marvel's Killraven series from the seventies (AKA "War of the Worlds") though I think they'd have to invent a new race of alien invaders and sever all ties with the novel. To advertise something as "based on concepts by H.G. Wells" and then feature a story about some hippie waving a big sword around is just asking for a critical backlash.

Monstress.

I wouldn't watch it though, because it wouldn't be anywhere near as good. But at least it would draw others to the comic, and then I wouldn't be the only person I know who's read it.

Nail Gaiman's 'Sandman' would be interesting. Might be a colossal disaster, or might even be good. I'd like to find out though.

At this point I think this thread would best be renamed: "What comic hasn't been made into a TV series or movie yet?" :p

There has been an explosion of comic books being converted to the screen and it seems like every single TV network and streaming service is getting in on the growing trend.

I think its safe to say that sooner or later, every comic we want to become a tv show or movie will surely be made into one.

Swamp Thing is the next one coming...

And... Swamp Thing's already been cancelled. Not that anyone got a chance to see it, because, honestly, do you know anyone who has the DC streaming service?

I'd love to see Jaime Hernandez's Maggie and Hopey stories, from Love & Rockets, done as a series. Especially the early, SF-flavored ones.

I'd love to see Alan Moore's never-finished Big Numbers adapted and completed as a TV show. Hey, the script apparently exists for the entire run.

Peter Milligan and Mike Allred's X-Force / X-Statix.

Apparently there already was a streaming show of Bendis and Oeming's Powers. Never saw it, and it got terrible reviews, but I'd love to see that done properly.

Back