What are your Favorite Adventure Films and TV Series and Why?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Which films and why are they your favorites ? They can be from any genre at all.:)

Indiana Jones has to be the best regarded adventure movie, but i always had a soft spot for the Romancing the Stone movies. My personal favourite remains The Goonies.

As for TV, i remember watching a TV series called Tales of the Gold Monkey. I couldn't tell you a thing about it, but i remember enjoying with my family when i was young.

I also enjoyed tales of the Gold Monkey, the adventures of the ex Flying Tiger Cutter and his one eyed dog in his amphibious plane, helped by a French bar owner and some what hindered by a fake priest come Nazi spy.

I also enjoyed tales of the Gold Monkey, the adventures of the ex Flying Tiger Cutter and his one eyed dog in his amphibious plane, helped by a French bar owner and some what hindered by a fake priest come Nazi spy.

I remember that one. It was a fun show:) , It's too bad it only lasted one season. :unsure:

I loved Monkey as a child. It hasn't aged well, has it.

The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
The Mummy The Dragon Emperors Tomb.

These films are such fun to watch .:cool:

I always liked the version of King Solomon's Mines with Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone. Probably a little bit racist nowadays though...

I always liked the version of King Solomon's Mines with Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone. Probably a little bit racist nowadays though...

The 1937 and 1951 film versions were quite good.

Indiana Jones films first. I also like the original Star Wars trilogy and the latest King Kong movie. Why do I like them? I like them because they take my mind to places I'll never see, but love to fantasize about.

For me, any movie that seeks to emulate or pay homage to the old serials of the 30s and 40s. Indiana Jones falls smack in the middle of that requirement. I’ll happily watch any decent Wuxia as well.

I’m also a big fan of The Water Margin and have the whole series on DVD. But, if I’m honest, I feel that it tails off badly by the end of its run.

Gunga Din 1939 This film is flat out fun to watch and it is a great film. If you've never see this one , rent it or buy it on dvd. It's worth it. and it has a great cast with Cary Grant, Douglass Fairbanks jr , Victory McLaglen , Sam Jaffe, Joan Fontaine .:cool:

Indiana Jones is my favourite. That said:

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Secret of the Incas

Both of these are influences on Indiana Jones

Beau Geste
I love stories about La légion étrangère.

Barry Lyndon - excellent picaresque
The Seven Samurai - a grand fight against greater odds
The Apu Trilogy - a brilliant bildungsroman
The Human Condition
- a magnificent rendition of the human spirit

Indiana Jones is my favourite. That said:

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Secret of the Incas

Both of these are influences on Indiana Jones

Beau Geste
I love stories about La légion étrangère.

Raiders of the Lost Ark features a very prominent prop that was used in the The Secret of the Incas, you can see it in the as he come to the Chamber with the Golden Idol.:)

There are many but off the top of my head:

Mirror, Tarkovsky Film as poetry. Chaos and order together, it feels like my dream memories, maybe it's meant to.
The Prisoner McGoohan. Still relevant.
Koyaanisqatsi Dated now but in it's day unique, and Glass's score!
Last Year in Marienbad Definitive art movie
For a Fistful of Dollars Or any Leone Spag. No more sugar coating on the cowboy era.
La Dolce Vita Classic cinema doesn't get any better, even with all the back projection.

Back