What Do You Think of the Star Wars Prequels ?

Personally, I like them. They're not as good as the OT, but they are enjoyable movies, none the less.

They're not excellent, but they are good.

Me too. I like all three. I too liked the podrace on Tatooine. On Attack of the Clones, I like the part were Obi Wan and Anakin are chasing down the Changling on Coruscant. The city reminds me of Blade Runner (it could have been an homage.) I also like the scene where Obi Wan goes to Kamino.

I would challenge anyone who hasn't seen the prequels in a few years to summarize the plots of those films.

They are about how someone can misuse politics to gain absolute power.

I would challenge anyone who hasn't seen the prequels in a few years to summarize the plots of those films.

The Phantom Menace - Palpatine uses the Trade Federation to maneuver his way into political power.

Attack of the Clones - Palpatine further uses the conflict withy the Trade Federation to start work on getting the Senate to green light an army of clone troopers to fight the superior numbers of the Federation's droid army. Because the Senate is apparently full of morons, no-one questions why there happens to be a clone army ready for just when they need it.

Revenge of the Sith - Palpatine completes his gambit of declaring himself Emperor, all while grooming young Anakin to become his apprentice.

In all three, Jar Jar Binks sucked.

The Phantom Menace - Palpatine uses the Trade Federation to maneuver his way into political power.

Attack of the Clones - Palpatine further uses the conflict withy the Trade Federation to start work on getting the Senate to green light an army of clone troopers to fight the superior numbers of the Federation's droid army. Because the Senate is apparently full of morons, no-one questions why there happens to be a clone army ready for just when they need it.

Revenge of the Sith - Palpatine completes his gambit of declaring himself Emperor, all while grooming young Anakin to become his apprentice.

In all three, Jar Jar Binks sucked.
I'm sorry, what I meant by "plot summary" are the major points of action in a story, rather than theme or one line blurb.

And the point I was making was that the prequel's plots involve a series of events with so little narrative connection between then that it is hard to organize in our memories what actually happened during the films. The first movie had droid armies, a motor race, Natalie Portman in a chromed SR-71, the death of Liam Nieson, a man with a red face and a child accidentally shooting down a space station. It is barely narrative, but more like the EPCOT ride. Despite having seen the film, I can't put the events together or remember how the characters progressed.

I'm sorry, what I meant by "plot summary" are the major points of action in a story, rather than theme or one line blurb.

And the point I was making was that the prequel's plots involve a series of events with so little narrative connection between then that it is hard to organize in our memories what actually happened during the films. The first movie had droid armies, a motor race, Natalie Portman in a chromed SR-71, the death of Liam Nieson, a man with a red face and a child accidentally shooting down a space station. It is barely narrative, but more like the EPCOT ride. Despite having seen the film, I can't put the events together or remember how the characters progressed.
The second prequel I have only the most fragmentary remembrance of - when I went to see it in the cinema I actually nodded off halfway through. Doing so possibly improved the viewing.

However I've got a soft spot for Revenge of the Sith. I'd argue, that at the very least it feels like a prequel to Star wars.

The second prequel I have only the most fragmentary remembrance of - when I went to see it in the cinema I actually nodded off halfway through. Doing so possibly improved the viewing.

However I've got a soft spot for Revenge of the Sith. I'd argue, that at the very least it feels like a prequel to Star wars.
+1. I think there was a submarine ride through the center of some planet - not sure which one.

Ahhhh... the world is right again! Star Wars fans bitching and moaning about Star Wars!

Thank you, gentleman! I have my equilibrium back!

:LOL:

For the record, I am one of those that believe the Return of the Jedi was spoiled by the inclusion of the proto-ja ja binks...the ewoks.

I know I'm a ******g snob :LOL:

For the record, I am one of those that believe the Return of the Jedi was spoiled by the inclusion of the proto-ja ja binks...the ewoks.

I know I'm a ******g snob :LOL:

In The Last Jedi , they devolved into Porgs.

I thought they were watchable and slightly better than the average sci-fi flick at the time. BUT and it's a big but they were not up to the quality (adjusted for inflation) of first 3.

Both the little and big Anakin pretty much sucked. Jar Jar and his plotline and his people sucked. Only there to make children squeal and buy toys.

Don't even get me started on midi chlorians. Good thing I'm more Trek than Wars or they would have really offended me.

I thought they were watchable and slightly better than the average sci-fi flick at the time. BUT and it's a big but they were not up to the quality (adjusted for inflation) of first 3.

Both the little and big Anakin pretty much sucked. Jar Jar and his plotline and his people sucked. Only there to make children squeal and buy toys.

Don't even get me started on midi chlorians. Good thing I'm more Trek than Wars or they would have really offended me.
There were some really good SF movies during that time period.

There were some really good SF movies during that time period.

Sure there were. 15 or 20 really good sci-fi movies like The Matrix, X2, Spider-Man and a personal favorite Unbreakable. Over that 6 year period there were about 655 English language movies that called themselves sci-fi. Take it from someone who was over seeing 46 screens worth of movie theater at the time, most were not good. The average was not good.

I only really was ok with revenge of the sith-mainly because it was the anakin to Vader line...most of my peeps thought it was too dark, but hey it had to be didn’t it? I mean it’s Darth Vader. The other 2 were the run of the mill Star Wars new generation we expect *shrug*