Why Do You Think Star Wars Endures ?

Then there's The Star Wars Holiday Special 1978 . I saw it once and that was quit enough. I can understand why it's never seen the light of day on DVD or been on tv since its initial broadcast. In terms sheer wretchedness, it's quite literally the stuff of legends .

But then again, I will wager that if they did put it on blue ray and sell it , it might sell quite well. In scary sort of way , there is both curiosity and nostalgia for it and , there who generations who haven't seen this one and , might actually want to see what all the fuss is about .:)

Last edited:
I'm not sure how long it will endure. I genuinely think that Disney is in the process of ruining Star War. The most recent shows have been pretty dumb.

I'm not sure how long it will endure. I genuinely think that Disney is in the process of ruining Star War. The most recent shows have been pretty dumb.

I wonder when they will they will be rebooting the 1978 Star Wars Holliday Special ?

Star Wars' influence on science fiction and blockbusters is its ultimate legacy. Science Fiction would be a completely different beast without it.

Star Wars' influence on science fiction and blockbusters is its ultimate legacy. Science Fiction would be a completely different beast without it.

The studios that passed on Star Wars certainly ended up regretting that decision . After its success allthe major studios now wanted their own Star Wars or science fiction franchises and thus began the studios science fiction boom . Yes lot of things Lot of thing changed , newer and better special effects technology came about because of Star Wars . Industrial Light and Magic the company that Lucas founded did special effects for a number of other science fiction films that came after Also, as a result, more A list directors and producers and actors wanted to do science fiction films and ultimately , television series .

Last edited:
I'd wager it's so enduring because it mirrors mythology and legends a lot. There is a documentary about this, but I forget what it's called. Whether it's sci-fi, fantasy, or science fantasy, the themes move us because they're so archetypal, and the idea of the Force and Jedi vs. Sith gives it an interestingly mystical cast.