The Belgariad trivia

I think it was when they entered the Temple of Torak to see Chabat - and Eriond put out the fires in the Sanctuary?

That was the time I was thinking about. Ctuchik feared Garion with the Orb so much he blew himself up accidently, taking his city with him. Your turn to ask a question steelyglint.

What caused the volcanic eruption that darkened the skies as the group left the area after the destruction of Rak Cthol?

There was a volcanic eruption of the mountain where Zedar had hidden Torak's body for 500 years following the battle of Vo Mimbre. After Ctuchik seized Errand and the Orb, Zedar went to the mountain and removed Torak, taking him to the crypt at the bottom of Torak's iron tower in Cthol Mishrak. It was theorized that Zedar didn't want his master so close to Rak Cthol, Ctuchik and the Orb, in case Ctuchik could somehow cbc use the Orb to wake Torak and gain favour. The eruption caused panic in the streets of Sthiss Tor when Salmissra was holding Garion later, and Zedar's mountain was still smoldering months later, as the group was escaping across the Wasteland of the Murgos after regaining the Orb. The resulting murkiness assisted their disguises as Murgos in the escape, as it hid some discrepancies (as the group didn't look all that much like a band of Murgos).

I thought you'd discovered part of my gaming past - I was a member of a Quake 3 clan called 'CBC' some years ago.

Taur Urgas was killed in a duel with King Cho-Hag during the Battle of Thull Mardu. Urgit buried him head down in an unmarked grave, cut his throat (just to make sure he was dead) and stampeded horses over the spot to hide its location.

I adored when Urgit and Silk realised they were brothers.

For me 'CBC' means channel. :D

Were there not 'Urga' brothers of Urgit who needed to be disposed of to clear his way to the throne after the death of Taur Urgas? Something about dark cellars and throttling?

Steelyglint provided the answer I was after. The Seeress of Kell revealed the of the last of the Urga bloodline to Zakath when he was being difficult about returning to Mallorea after his poisoning.

Kill a young lion that was threatening her with his bare hands, literally squeezing it to death in his arms. It was as they were riding out of Nyissa. He first handed her his sword so that she could defend herself. Unfortunately she couldn't lift the blade.