The Belgariad trivia

It was the old Grolim priest they met in Darshiva who had decorated his local temple with flowers after the fires refused to relight, and after the other priests had either killed each other off or drank themselves to death. I think he was blind, too. But I can't recall his name.

Oooh, you're right, but I wonder if anyone can get his name (we are given it). Let's let it go a little longer and then if no-one gets it, you can have the victory.

What was under the unsteady step on the stairway to the top of Belgarath's tower and what was it doing there?

It was a diamond - Belgarath put it there to see how long it took to grind down.

A Fenling - one of the first known to speak after Belgarath's spell/quicktalking of Aldur - and her partner was Tupik, the other Fenling seen speaking.

Talking otters does seem to be the theme of SFFChrons today - first The Goddess Project, now this question...

In Castle of Wizardry, Garion goes to talk to Polgara over the coronation but they keep being interrupted by people wanting to talk to Pol. Who are the people?

There was a time after the coronation, and after Ce Nedra had been given Beldaran's amulet, when Garion visited Aunt Pol and they kept on being interrupted. First was Queen Layla to talk to Polgara about Fulrach's drinking with the Alorn kings, then lady Merel to talk about how to make peace with her husband Barak, then Queen Islena on how to get out from High Priest Grodeg and the Bear Cults clutches by telling Anheg. It was after that visit that Garion went to find Belgarath.