The Belgariad trivia

Thank you.

I should add, for the question, that I'm not sure whether the mix-up is an author error or a printer's distraction. Though the printer would have to have been reading the series as he set up the press and just got lost in the story, losing sight of his highly professional trade, and mistaking one quite major character for another. But the only other possibility is author error, and I'm just too fond of this tale to admit to myself that its author could confuse his own creation in such a way.

When you are well caught in the story mistakes happen. I read both series in French, so your question is a tough one. I'll let the others to enlighten us.

I assumed we were using The Belgariad, the Mallorean plus the Belgarath and Polgara books. Is that so?

I named this thread The Belgariad trivia, as I was not sure everybody read all of them and could participate. Nevertheless, in my opening thread I mentionned that I missed Belgarath's adventures, so you assumed correctly. It should be interesting and it might keep us busy quite some time. :)

Maybe when asking a question we should state which series? Or which book if it's Belgarath or Polgara? Gives us more material to go at but not so wide as including them all at once?

Is this the Chamdar/Chaldan mistake?

It is. Then again, I never thought about non-English versions. I have no idea if the error was repeated in those.

In Perivor Sadi sneakily killed Naradas who was then 'laid on a bier in the chapel of Chamdar.'

Arends worshiping a dead Grolim priest?

OK, what was the name of the prophet whose visions were recorded in the Darine Codex? (And I think this is in PtS)

Bormik.

As for questions - I know there's already been a few from the Malloreon cos I asked one! So its more than okay by me.

I feel slightly disturbed that I remembered that. The most minor of minor characters.

What does Garion forget when walking away from his very brief fist fight in Cherek?

The Ace is right. Bonus points for him if he gets the name of the girl, because I've forgotten it.

But in any case, his question.

Okies....

What links the following to The Belgariad...

1. Milton's 'Paradise Lost'

2. The ballet 'Don Quixote'

3. Keat's poem 'Ode to a Nightimgale'

Just one answer that covers all three :)