DISCUSSION -- January 2017 300-word Writing Challenge (#24)

Vaz

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Nice pic, Chief Rabbit. Wasn't going to enter the 300 this time around, but I saw the picture and knocked a story out. Looking forward to see what others come up with.

Peter V

Just seen the first two entries and have to say I am impressed. Possibly even a little intimidated.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Droflet

I don't teach chickens how to dance.
Better get used to the intimidation. I'm coming up on seven years here and am still not used to the high quality of the entries. Makes me feel like a hack. :(

Mr Orange

Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb...
well out of nowhere i got a draft this morning. then i closed the door and wrote 300 or so words about horses' heads. will let it sit and see if i still like it in a coupla' days.

EDIT: nice first post @Vaz!

Reactions: Vaz

Luiglin

by day Stuart Orford by night Dark Lord's scribe
Better get used to the intimidation. I'm coming up on seven years here and am still not used to the high quality of the entries. Makes me feel like a hack. :(
Don't worry. I'll equal it up later on.

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
Vaz -- An air of great mystery is created in this moody and evocative tale of a phenomenon which cannot be fully understood.

Cathbad -- By viewing extraordinary events through the eyes of those who look back on them as history, the author makes them come alive for the reader.

Wruter -- The exquisite pain of nostalgia for the lost past is powerfully conveyed in this touching story.

Peter V -- In this new look at an old myth the way in which mortals are insignificant to the gods is made ironically clear.

ErikB -- An unusual perspective on the pretensions of humanity is found in this wry tale.

Heijan Xavier -- By creating a strange and believable future world, the author provides a new look at the follies of the present.

farntfar -- Through the medium of art this sardonic story conveys the limitless trickery of the human mind.

Calliopenjo

I got my story in. Yay!. Small victory. Anyway, I will read the entries eventually once I'm in a comfortable place in my tweaking a contest entry. Cheers to everyone.

Cory Swanson

Calliopenjo, what contest are you entering? You mentioned it in the other thread too. Just curious. And good luck with it.

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
Cory Swanson -- This darkly comic madcap farce begins with the familiar and carries the reader along into the outrageous.

Old_Man_Steve_2016 -- This witty tale of the far future shows us how thin the line is between fact and fiction.

Luiglin -- The dramatic setting and events of the opening of this story increase the impact of its playful ending.

Wruter

Merci, Victoria.

Victoria Silverwolf -- This accomplished study of classic science fiction motifs reveals depths of startling profundity.

Calliopenjo

Hi Cory,
I'm on FaceBook. In one of my groups there, they have a 3000-word contest with the theme Love Conquers All. The prize is a pat on the back but it's still a chance for me to get better at this writing thing. It's due at the end of the month and I'm still trying to work on it so nobody has to turn it around in order to understand it.

And thank you. I'm going to need it.