Discussion Thread -- JANUARY 2017 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

@Peter V ... brings us a cold resolution to humanity's propensity to fight.

@Droflet ... Brings us a corporate resolution to the best way to have your cake and eat it too.

@farntfar ... Brings us a marriage dissolution due to its resolution.

@Cat's Cradle ... Brings us the resolution to buyers remorse over an ill conceived promise.

@LittleStar ... Brings us a tear jerker resolution to a promise which was almost kept.

farntfar -- That the path of love never runs smoothly is demonstrated in this realistic and ironic story.

Cat's Cradle -- The use of a selfish and cruel narrator strengthens the impact of this intense tale.

LittleStar -- This heartfelt account of memory and desire reminds us of the importance of our dreams.

Cory Swanson -- A sly allusion can be found in this wry jape.

@Cory Swanson ... brings us the resolution when you can't leave well enough alone.

@AstroZon ... Brings us to a future time much like our own where the United Nations makes almost all meaningless resolutions.

@dsri ... Brings us to a resolution of DNA and silicon where philosophy, religion, and science become a unity.

@Glen ... Brings us to a kind resolution that determines life and death.

@Robert Mackay ... Brings us an honest and realistic view of New Year's Resolutions. Plus a time machine?

@johnnyjet ... Brings us a God whose resolution is to let the children deal with their own problems.

@Heijan Xavier ... Brings us a resolution made which might be worse than the problem bringing about the resolution.

ErikB -- The way in which self-interest often trumps all other concerns is shown in this ironic tale of adventure.

Glen -- This refined comedy of manners demonstrates how we often try to maintain our dignity in the most alarming circumstances.

Robert Mackay -- The common yearning to "shatter it to bits, and then remould it nearer to the heart's desire" is demonstrated in this time fantasy.

johhnyjet -- This tale with a vast, cosmic viewpoint serves as a fable of responsibility and the need to grant freedom to those dependent on us.

Heijan Xavier -- The experience of being a stranger in a strange land is aptly conveyed in this story of displacement from one's reality.

Resolution, something that some books could take as a goal. Ahem, David Weber are you listening?
Ouch ouch. That burn made it all the way to me, leaving half of Oxford a smoldering pile of ash in the process.

I've been a bit busy working on a 3000-word story for a contest. There's a saying on the internet that goes something like this: When plan A doesn't work, there's the rest of the alphabet. I bring that up because I'm about on plan D. I'll keep working at it until I have to send it in. So that's where I've been.

I hope everyone had a good time lately. The weather here has been cold, sunny, windy, and rainy. Sometimes, all at once believe it or not. lol. Well, I wish everyone an enjoyable weekend.
(y)

Back