Discussion Thread -- JANUARY 2017 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

I blame @Jo Zebedee for my piece this month. Her and her comments about sexy space pilots. :p

Shyrka -- In this subtle look into the far future, the power of dedication to a goal is powerfully conveyed.

mosaix -- This hard-boiled, ironic tale makes the reader wonder about the roles of the hunter and the hunted.

HazelRah -- The familiar definition of courage as grace under pressure is seen in this suspenseful story.

Abernovo -- Genuine affection for the target of its tongue-in-cheek kidding can be found in this playful spoof.

Culhwch -- Fantasy elements are used to emphasize the common failure to come up to our own expectations in this light comedy.

Moonbat -- This thought-provoking glimpse at the near future reminds the reader that everything changes.

@Culhwch .... Brings us to a time which might is recent if dim past, when the resolution was to drink a lot less. FAIL!

@Moonbat .... Brings us a humorus fantasy of a near future resolution with a zero percent change of becoming reality.

Whose bright idea was the theme this month?! *note to self -- in the very unlikely event you ever win again, write the story first, then announce theme and genre...*

I've had even fewer ideas than usual, and having scribbled out something, I read the other entries and once more found someone else had the same notion before me. Hard luck, Bowler, I'm trespassing on your territory this time, but I'm posting anyway, as my well of inspiration** has run dry!

** not so much a well, as a very shallow puddle. :(

[B]@The Judge[/B] .... Brings us to a world where Rosemary's baby has a discerning sibling. The resolution is inevitable.

*** If your "well of inspiration" is a "very shallow puddle" mine must be of the size duration of a rain drop in the Sahara.

well i'm in. a bit of a rush and no time to check if anyone else had the same idea. so, if anyone did, sorry, and, well, how strange are you?

Oops! :oops:

I can assure you that there were neither sinister nor anti-sinister motives involved....

Back