RIP Carrie Fisher

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
i just read that Carrie Fisher died today after her heart attack.

RIP Carrie, you were awesome.

R.I.P. Carrie :(

2016 has a lot to answer for.

Carrie Fisher has been an icon to me throughout my life. As a child, Princess Leia was a fantastic role model: witty, fearless, independent and a strong leader. As I grew older and learned more about Carrie Fisher herself, I have admired her as a person. She has been open about her struggles with drug addiction, bipolar disorder, and family problems. I appreciate her advocacy for those with mental illness and her attempts to decrease the stigma associated with it.

The Force will always be with her.

Carrie Fisher was the little firecracker, who acted fantastic in such films as the original Star Wars Trilogy (of course), The Blues Brothers movie (1980), and The Burbs (1989). I will miss her.

Rest in peace Princess.

carrie-fisher-net-worth1.jpg

Carrie Fisher was the prototype for the independent young woman in Star Wars. It is ironic that she's the center of a bit of controversy for CGI in Rogue 1.

Hi,

Yeah it's been a very bad year - especially for those who weren't that old. George Michael, Prince, Bowie, Glen Frey, and Leonard Cohen. The music worlds been almost cleaned out. And in film there's Anton Yelchin (The new Chekov), Gene Wilder, and Zsa Zsa (well she was 99), and now Carrie Fisher.

Cheers, Greg.

Way too soon. Rest in peace and profound thanks for the stories and characters you helped bring to life.

So sad to lose very talented mother and daughter. As well as a fan of the original Star Wars, Singing In The Rain is my favourite musical. I think from now on, I'll call 2016 The Hamlet Year because by the time you get to the end, the whole cast is dead:(