Alien Covenant trailer

Really does to be a reboot rather than something unique. Even if it is ok it would seem terrible compared to the original.

Do the Alien thing. ) Trap the people in with the aliens and pick them off one by one. Nuke from orbit, Ripley will figure it out. No idea. Won't watch previews, it will probably be predictable anywAY... unlest they try and get too clever or gross with it.

I was very disappointed by Prometheus . It had a good trailers of which the film didn't live up to. For that reason, Im rather skeptical of Alien Covenant .:unsure:

Same vibes here. Prometheus looked good, but did little to inspire me or involve me for that matter.

This trailer starts strong, pulling on some old heart strings but the shower scene - really do we need that in the trailer? Do we need that in the film?

Spores freak me right out and I'm using them in the piece I'm editing now, so that's got me interested. Anything small that can get inside you and ew... goosebumps.

I hope it's a good film, Ridley can make them with his eyes shut but he really needs to have them open to make something truly special. Fingers crossed.

Watch the 4-minute prologue to Alien: Covenant

Apparently this prolog won't feature in "Covenant" but is probably there to set the scene

Covenant seems like a rehash of all the best bits from Alien and Aliens, given that Scott is "attempting to strip the franchise back to its claustrophobic, terror-driven origins. "

I hope he has learned lessons from the dreadfully muddled & disappointing "Prometheus" - not helped with a bloody stupid name!

Ever since watching the original on a bootleg VCR tape as a ten year old I have loved the Alien Universe.

Also, on one of the rare people who enjoyed Prometheus, so I can't wait for this. My only disappointment is the exclusion of the wonderfully talented and beautiful Noomi Rapace.

As an aside: I am incredibly excited to see what Neil Blomkamp does with his Alien movie :)

Ever since watching the original on a bootleg VCR tape as a ten year old I have loved the Alien Universe.

Also, on one of the rare people who enjoyed Prometheus, so I can't wait for this. My only disappointment is the exclusion of the wonderfully talented and beautiful Noomi Rapace.

As an aside: I am incredibly excited to see what Neil Blomkamp does with his Alien movie :)

I would agree: so many false dawns with this franchise: perhaps Neil will pump a much-needed dose of energy into this promising release

Reactions: Vaz
My only disappointment is the exclusion of the wonderfully talented and beautiful Noomi Rapace.
She's in it, too.

For all of Prometheus' problems, it was at least a pretty original concept. Covenant doesn't appear to be a very interesting story.

She's in it, too.

For all of Prometheus' problems, it was at least a pretty original concept. Covenant doesn't appear to be a very interesting story.
This is the reason why I liked Prometheus and refuse to watch any of the other alien movies. When I first heard about it, Alien's original pitch didn't do anything for me, and plus it's a little before my time, and I was like, why is everyone so hyped over this franchise over all these years? Then Prometheus came out and I thought to myself they should have done that from the beginning.

Covenant just seems like a rehash of what I've come to learn Alien 1 was about except with a larger cast.

She's in it, too.

It was a not very good film with great visuals.

It was a not very good film with great visuals.
True, but it made the whole story of the xenomorph and its last hosts so much more complicated than it originally seemed, with the ship crash crew going from hapless victims to a more inscrutable evil than the xenomorphs. I don't think it was that well thought out, but it did grab our attentions.

Covenant appears to be another rehash of the "we're locked in with these things" plot of the rest of the films, with the exception of Resurrection, which did fun things with Ripley.

Thing is... these space fleas need killin', that's the main premise. Otherwise we verge off into Predators or other ETs, who may or may not have something to do with the Aliens and their annoying acid blood. So, how to get the cast into a confined space with 'em, that's the trick. I'm wondering, when this one starts, if it'll be easy to tell who will live till the end, it can't be Ripley again, can it? ill it be Winona, who's not even a humane bean, and maybe a space marine or two? I don't watch previews so it's all up in the air, in space, where no-one can hear you scream; 'I want my money back!'

She's in it, too.

Ah, great news! I'd read that Scott had ditched her.

I am a fan of Prometheus, although I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't have been a better film had Scott stuck to shooting the original script, rather than going with David Lindelofs version.

There wont be anyone with as good a talent for wisecracks as Bill Paxton. Rest In Peace the great man.

I'm not clear if the Android is the exact same one as in Prometheus.

The trailer looks decent but it is just so hard to see how any part of it wont be inferior to Alien. Especially if the cast aren't particularly likeable as in Prometheus. Also Alien had some great scenes with the Alien staying hidden and being stealthy before attacking. Will this? I still have hope it will be reasonably enjoyable.

The trailer was okay if not a bit unoriginal, but was that shower scene really necessary? I'm not a prude or anything but it seems kind of gratuitous and an extension of the horror cliche 'Death by sex'.