Explorations: First Contact Cover Reveal!

ratsy

FULL COVER FC.jpg

Here is the cover reveal for Explorations: First Contact, coming out January 30th, 2017

I am formatting the paperback and ebook next week! I have to say, this collection is amazing, and I am excited to get this out there.

The official cover reveal was done on Thursday Night Live with Josh Hayes and Scott Moon.

coming soon chrons.jpg

Parson, it's really great. It's launching at 0.99 for eBook too.

Sounds like I'll have an e-book to read then :)

I really like it. My only concern, given the current environment for diversity in sff, is the prominent list of male-only authors might leave an easy target for the nay-Sayers (which would be very unfair given the range of writers you have published to date.) it rather stood out and then I ummed for two hours about whether to mention it.*

*I think if it was an all male authorship it would be less intrusive if it wasn't effectively announced as such **

** I don't have an answer to what might not even be a problem. I do know it would put me off buying it as a casual purchaser.

I really like it. My only concern, given the current environment for diversity in sff, is the prominent list of male-only authors might leave an easy target for the nay-Sayers (which would be very unfair given the range of writers you have published to date.) it rather stood out and then I ummed for two hours about whether to mention it.*

*I think if it was an all male authorship it would be less intrusive if it wasn't effectively announced as such **

** I don't have an answer to what might not even be a problem. I do know it would put me off buying it as a casual purchaser.

There was an open call, but Kerry Buchanan seems to have been the only female writer who seems to have considered submitting, before pulling out due to other commitments:

Explorations: First Contact Submission Call (closed)

There was an open call, but Kerry Buchanan seems to have been the only female writer who seems to have considered submitting, before pulling out due to other commitments:

Explorations: First Contact Submission Call (closed)
I'm not criticising to be clear but worrying - I know there were opportunities given. But the 'written by' is very prominent in the back cover and could lead to mutters because it rather draws attention to the author make-up. (Especially as open calls and invites are two separate processes)

But I could be worrying about nothing :)

Oo! I do so like the cover. Well done Tom Edwards.

In reply to Jo's concern... I would have entered a submission had I not been swamped with other stuff. At the end of the day, there's always going to a very few anthologies that will seem to show a bias, even when there is none, based on probabilities alone. The fact that one happened to show up here was pure luck. It also gives me confidence that stories for anthologies in general are being chosen on merit.

Ah well, back to the ironing for me...