Brandon Stark and Time

Koopa

Old KiwiBird
just curious to see what you all think about the brandon stark time-travelling theories. Like for instance the one that says Brandon the builder is actually the brandon we know whom used his powers to build a wall. Or the one that says that brandon tries to stop aerys II from killing his grandfather but his whispers only drive aerys more mad.

Seems like mumbo jumbo to me, but stranger things have happened.

I kind of like the Aerys theory. Bran whispering "burn the all" perhaps. I think the Builder theory is a stretch.

I think there will certainly be some influence - and maybe a link with Mormont's Raven too.

Interesting regarding the raven. Please say more.

I just get the impression that there's more to the Raven than a bird who can mimick. Like Bran could be looking through it's eyes from the future at times.

I just get the impression that there's more to the Raven than a bird who can mimick. Like Bran could be looking through it's eyes from the future at times.
Very interesting and plausible idea. We know Bran has tried to communicate through the weirwoods without success because the trees themselves cannot speak. We also know ravens were used for direct communication by the greenseers of the past. Not much of a stretch for Bran to put them back to use.
A good example of not just your average bird, when it flew from the kettle directly to Jon during the choosing.

i always felt the ravens connection was more to bloodraven

As I am rereading I have found at least one good instance of Bran influencing events: He calls Theon by name through the weirwood at Winterfell and Theon hears him. This gives him the will to be Theon again, not Reek, as he feels the Old Gods see and know him.
As the story progresses I believe we will see more of this.

What about the theory that Bran inhabits the body of Howland Reed during the tourney at Harrenhal and thus it is Bran who is the knight of the laughing tree..?

don't buy into Bran timetravelling like that to be honest. I think the knight of the laughing tree is Lyanna.

Time travel gives me a headache. Too many possible paradoxes.

@Koopa I saw a video or two back in 2020. It was either Preston Jacobs or David Lightbringer on YouTube, but Brandon Stark doing Groundhog Day over and over until he saves the world makes some sense to me.

The theory easily explains Ghosts observations in John’s dreams… like Bran as a tree. It also explains Theon’s voices. It explains how a pregnant dire wolf died right in the path of Eddard and his sons. It also explains the Stark’s lack of success south of the Neck. With nary a Weirwood in sight, Bran has difficulty in helping them. He cannot affect Essos.

Martin is an atheist. He likes the idea of evolution, and he likes group consciousness. Time traveling brand fits both of these.

I watched the show up to about the point where we get the explanation for Hodor. Time traveling Bran explains how Hodor went from a normal child to only being able to say one word.

I watched the show up to about the point where we get the explanation for Hodor. Time traveling Bran explains how Hodor went from a normal child to only being able to say one word.

Not the show's finest hour. Somethings are better left to the reader's/viewer's imagination; especially when they are explained as clumsily as they are here.

But by this stage, GoT was spinning into a nosedive, so you didn't miss much. Hopefully Martin recovers the show and gets it back on course in his written word.

I read an interesting commentary regarding the final disposition of the now 6 kingdoms, as the North is made independent.

So how is it that Bran Stark of the now independent Northern Kingdom, a foreigner in the 6 Kingdoms, is made king of the 6 kingdoms? The famous show runners D&D proved their complete lack of interest when they moved ahead of Martin and completed the series.