Netflix Travelers (Time Travel Show)

Very good new beginning. The Travellers continues, where it left the first season and it deepens everything that we know. Not just about the Travellers, but things that they change in the present affect the future they came from. Nobody talks about it, because those in the present doesn't know what happened unless the Traveller is a new one.

In the meanwhile, the tragedy that started from occupying the dead keeps producing the drama around those who are blissfully unaware about how bad things are about to become. This series should garner as much attention as The Stranger Things for being an urban fantasy. But, just like it was with the Continuum, TT isn't for everyone taste. Cerebral series aren't for everyone. They have a certain audience, which certainly isn't the main public as it is the case with Dr Who and Timeless.

Things is, the Travellers doesn't go time-whimey as it gives explanation to TT and what happens if you change things. And, oh boy, does it make me excited as two episodes in I am already intrigued and cannot stop watching ... or thinking.

If you're a thinker, a writer or a story-teller, watch this series as it might make your things better ... or more complicated than they need to be. And as a note for the Timeless team, check out how efficiently they move the drama around the TT. Do the same thing and you'll have a gold mine in your hands!

Travelers season 2 has got to be one of the best cold open I've ever seen! I love this type of cerebral realism stuff. It was the perfect time travel trip. 9/11 the perfect setting! Mac and the team had me going there at the end of the first episode. I thought they really were going to
get killed off
. Considering that the actor who plays Mac is also on Will & Grace again. Even if that did happen, I probably wouldn't have minded because new character Vincent's story is oh so intriguing. A great, what would you do if you could go back in time subplot.

Travelers is moving in the right direction with science fiction and time travel and that's why I love this show. It's full of new ideas and future technology which nothing else out there is even touching. ST: Discovery might be a distant second with the spore drive but IDK. At least we understand what the spore drive does to a point. Love seeing Stephen Lobo from Continuum on another time travel show! It was funny when
Mac was trying to lie about what the Machine does, and Wakefield just said stop acting like anything you just said makes sense.

First of all, the second season feels shorter than first one. I tried save this treat over the holiday period but, I couldn't make it last over the New Year. Not with thirteen episodes with a plot that keeps spiralling further we move into the future. And none of the characters gets forgotten, even thought individual plot advancements are mostly geared on Marcy. It's no wonder as her plot line opens up so many things.

I wondered how they were going to push the development; as topping up the first season was going to be very hard job for the producers. I don't think they quite achieved it as the First Traveller wasn't connected to the Faction. To my eye he waited on sideline until he'd no choice but to push the back, when Traveller's started tracking down his location.

Before that things started to look more like the Looper, where Bruce Willis acted as the infamous hitman. If you've seen that movie, you might immediately recognise similar type of abnormality happening in the season 2 timeline. Most notably it seemed that the Faction and especially the First One have upper hand on the Travellers.

We don't know why they are so opposed to be governed by the all powerful AI. The Faction began, when their shelter collapse was reversed by Travellers. In that moment they started to rebel the Director. But back in our reality the First One were getting more paranoid about his existence. We don't know why the AI needed him to be terminated as maybe by allowing him to live inside his own bubble Traveller's could have avoided whole drama.

To be honest, if the news media would start publishing stories about thousands of TT's occupying our reality I could feel scared. Maybe even rebellious as the scenario full fills the agenda of an invasion. By them, I mean advanced members of humanity. I know that it's selfish to believe that those people they took over could have lived over their situations. But, things they have done are beyond our capabilities. So, if those new pieces would appear, it would be easier to believe the propaganda then their words, because all we would know is that they could lie, and the humanity would be in the same situation as what happened after the Spanish landed Conqistator's at America, after Columbus declared the new world open for the business.

Now, if you compare Traveller's invasion to Looper's Joe situation, they've eliminated the grand father paradox with the host bodies, but they haven't done anything to the invasion itself. In the Traveller's the Future fight with the Past is more prominent than what it was in the Looper. Even more so than what it is with the 13 Monkeys - the series.

The problem from the Traveller's side is there isn't much they can do, as they've done all things in the secret, rather than pushing them into the daily news cycle and showing the people that they can really alter the reality as we know it. It would be easier to accept them as heroes instead of nasty invaders if they'd done PR for their agenda.

Secrets ruin most fabulous days and they destroy lives.

Some part of me however don't believe that the producers are going to bring them out but, rather it's more likely that the omnipotent AI does something paradoxical that alters the reality and wipes out history. However, the best case would be alliance with the First One and using his technology to bridge the future to the past, and then causing the advancement of humanity over the years.

That too is unlikely to happen. But, whatever they put out, I'll be watching it.

What did you think about it?

Some part of me however don't believe that the producers are going to bring them out but, rather it's more likely that the omnipotent AI does something paradoxical that alters the reality and wipes out history. However, the best case would be alliance with the First One and using his technology to bridge the future to the past, and then causing the advancement of humanity over the years.

I have finished the season too. See speculations below:

I don't think it will be a oh look, time travelers are everywhere now thing that the public will just have to deal with. (that's more what my WIP is about) I think that it will be way more controlled by The Director. Remember it allowed this to happen, that is if there is even a director at all, and it's not just Vincent Ingram. Which is what I thought through the whole season. There were already reports in the last five minutes of episode 13 that the NSA took down "terrorist cells," all over the world. My question is more, if The Director is now in the 21st how will that impact the future that they are from? Wakefield already set to take it apart bit by bit and reverse engineer it before he got changed over. I suspect the faction will try to do that and create future technology to make things that much more chaotic or to advance human technology that much more quicker.

I think it will be interesting to see what Ingram does. Since he has access to traveler technology in the 21st. Will he be able to travel into the future? Will we get to see their future or a version/glimpses of it?

Thing is we don't know what he has. I assume it's the TT device that allows him to send him even further down in the history. But is it?

He was already making a carbon copy of The Director, and has access to consciousness transfer programs. What the experiments he was conducting we still don't know the full breadth of that. Mostly Marcy's story, but what about others? What the limits of that technology that he has, we still don't know.

I loved pointing out the similarities of season 2 of Travelers to my WIP. They used a lot of my ideas, and yet they didn't even touch on some of them. The Director type is huge in my WIP, but it's not just AI. It's a concept a mythical point in time that the travelers are trying to find in my WIP. My novel also does not have the quantum leap consciousness transfer. I think that's a bit too over the top. They have never really given any justification about why they hijack random people and not just crazy/mentally challenged people/homeless people. We don't know how many travelers there are, but I haven't heard of one that was numbered 10,000+. So there can't be that many. I'm sure they could have found 10,000+ homeless people to jump into. Don't that many people go missing??? Other than that critique, season 2 has given me some things to think about.

Reactions: ctg
Okay: 1. I also thought Ingram was the leader of the Faction, and not someone completely separate until into the last few episodes. 2. Can't see how the video release can be reversed, but the Director either has a way, or else there is no longer any Director. 3. Not sure how they can alter climate change if the Earth has frozen over. 4. The machine that Ingram had built looked different to the unit we have seen built already. Do we know that these are both consciousness transfer machines, or do they have different functions? (I think Ingram lied to Simon that it would fix him.)

Do we know that these are both consciousness transfer machines, or do they have different functions? (I think Ingram lied to Simon that it would fix him.)

No we don't. Sorry. An AI would only need a computer box, at minimum to operate, but the First One built, I've no idea other than it has something to do with the timetravel.

Just about to watch the final episode of season 2. Feeling as if I need to re-watch from the beginning as I don't remember everything that's happened so far. Have anyone noticed any continuity issues?

I had completely forgotten the first Season before I began watching the second. It was only when I started watching the first episode again I began to remember. I soon got up to speed again but this is the problem with binge watching whole seasons at once. I remember more when it is watched as a episode each week.

No, I didn't notice an glaring mistakes. It is time travel though - history keeps changing anyway depending on their actions.

I guess we're all in need of the periodic "update" Just finished the season. Looking forward to re-watching from the beginning. Season 3 looks like a great direction.

Netflix makes loads of its own original sci-fi series - a new one appearing almost daily, it feels like at times - and most of them are marketed with a big splash of cash. Others, it acquires from networks elsewhere and exposes to a huge new audience. They usually take longer to build up a base, but when they do, the fans are devoted and locked in for the long haul. The Good Place is one of those kinds of successes, and another fine example is Travelers, which Netflix also produces by dipping into its international budget.

Indeed, the time-bending drama comes to Netflix from a Canadian channel called Showcase, where the ratings are decent enough. But on Netflix, they're growing by the day. Not a week goes by that we don't hear of someone new being sucked into a binge watch of the series and becoming an instant champion for its continuing success, and if you're one of them (one of us, one of us, one of us) you'll be absolutely delighted to hear that a third season has been given the go-ahead.

The Will of Will & Grace, Eric McCormack, will return to the role of Grant MacLaren for season 3, and we're biting our fingernails waiting to see where things will go from that rather-too-cliffhanger-y season 2 finale. At least, we're relieved to find out that we won't be left hanging.
Travelers season 3 confirmed

This week. I'm a little surprised that this is showing at the same time everywhere, instead of it showing first time weekly basis in Canada.

When does this start? I have Netfilx and it just gives me the first two seasons. It doesn't even show me that trailer. I have zilch to watch at the moment so I'm looking for something else.

When does this start? I have Netfilx and it just gives me the first two seasons. It doesn't even show me that trailer. I have zilch to watch at the moment so I'm looking for something else.

This coming Friday. I'm looking forward to season 3.

Back