Will There Ever Be A B5 Feature Film and if So Who Should Direct it ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Im surprised that a B5 feature film has not been done yet. Why hasn't it happened yet ? But if it does happen, who would you want to see direct the film?

What are your thoughts on the notion of a B5 film? :)

There have been various talks over the years, and a couple of false starts. Apparently he's pushing again for a B5 movie, and with his success with Sens8 behind him, possibly he'll get a little more backing this time?

As time passes, there are fewer and fewer of the original cast members around/available. While this may not be an issue to those new to the series/move, it would be a serious potential detraction for fans of the series.

AFAIK, it would require a new cast anyway, with JMS hoping to have old cast appear in cameo roles - I think he's specifally mentioned an interest in casting Boxleitner as president of Earth.

As always, it remains to be seen whether anything actually happens...

I'd be shocked if it ever got made. It was simply not popular enough. Outside of us hard core S.F. people there weren't many who thought it was all that good.

I'd be shocked if it ever got made. It was simply not popular enough. Outside of us hard core S.F. people there weren't many who thought it was all that good.

It's one the greatest tv series of all time. It really raid the bar for Science fiction television , influenced shows that came afterwards.

Hi,

Weren't there about half a dozen B5 movies made, as well as two attempted spin off series - Crusade and the one that was supposed to be about the rangers which I think never got beyond the movie.

And yeah it was a great show.

Cheers, Greg.

It's one the greatest tv series of all time. It really raid the bar for Science fiction television , influenced shows that came afterwards.

I repeat, "It wasn't popular enough." ---- I'm not talking about us S.F. and literary geeks, but with the ordinary, you know, normal, people.

A big fan and i get what you're saying Parson. I too think that the time for a movie has passed. Unless the series ir "rebooted", there would not be much interest.

I do think that WB squandered an opportunity for a really nice franchise with Babylon 5.

A big fan and i get what you're saying Parson. I too think that the time for a movie has passed. Unless the series ir "rebooted", there would not be much interest.

I do think that WB squandered an opportunity for a really nice franchise with Babylon 5.

They could still do a film that takes place in the B5 universe.

have a director familiar with he series to direct if there is one available.

To do a film on the station itself would be difficult. B5 was blown up at the end of the series and they already did a bunch of fill-in/prequel features like In The Beginning, Thirdspace, etc. Crusade had some potential but they screwed that up. A Babylon 4 prequel film might be more plausible, but they would need to recast Valen since O'Hare died in 2012. As much as I liked B5, I think it's played out at this point.

I think some decisions were made in the series that played against itself, in regards to future events.

But I could imagine a reboot, much like what was done with Battlestar Galactica. Have an all new cast. Stick with the primary story arch, and tone down the preachy stuff. The technological tone of BG seems about right to me as well for a new B5.