DISCUSSION THREAD -- December 2016 75-word Writing Challenge

Well, mines in. Unusually for me I really struggled with the word count this month. Then suddenly it all fell into place and I came in a word under - I hope!

@mosaix ... Perhaps a word under, but certainly a 75 word wonder! ...... I loved it!

You make me think that I shouldn't even bother to enter if I care at all about winning. ..... Well I do care, but still plan to enter.

I can tell this contest is going to be really, really, hard to judge.

Looks like @mosaix and I have been thinking along similar lines - I had an earlier draft that was even more alike! I could never get the dialect to feel anything other than hokey so limited my usage of it to speech but in this one it (annoyingly) works.

They don't bring to mind a certain Weird Al song. ;)

I had to google the guy but he seems to be an interesting character. Me not knowing of this Al guy, is this me getting older, or a good sign that I'm not that old? I can't decide!

In confusing moments like these its best to give a Bowler (there is only one of me, but I like to think I could discover a time machine and keep returning forever, or until I populate the whole world) a wide berth, just in case he goes for his guns as a defensive reaction.

Even the Parson, who loves country music and hates satire, knows (and usually despises despises) Weird Al. ... I mean, come on, if you can write such "good stuff" mocking someone else's efforts, write something of your own!

I had to google the guy but he seems to be an interesting character. Me not knowing of this Al guy, is this me getting older, or a good sign that I'm not that old? I can't decide!

In confusing moments like these its best to give a Bowler (there is only one of me, but I like to think I could discover a time machine and keep returning forever, or until I populate the whole world) a wide berth, just in case he goes for his guns as a defensive reaction.

It's more to do with being British I think - my kids know who he is because he was Cheese Sandwich in My Little Pony but the only one I remember being played here was Like a Surgeon. It charted back in the days I watched Saturday morning chart shows. This was the song I had in mind. (wait until any children who do Santa in a big way are in bed)

Yuck! warped mind indeed. I know Weird Al from "Walk with an Erection" spoof on "Walk Like an Egyptian" and his take off of "Achey Breaky Heart" with the line "Don't play that song, that nauseating song...."

Back