Bryan Cranston in Babylon 5

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
There are a few actor cameos that come up in Babylon 5. However, was Bryan Cranston a cameo, or simply an early acting credit in the years before he made it big before Breaking Bad? Simply that he has a lot of credits, so I'm not sure which. :)

"Babylon 5" The Long Night (TV Episode 1997) - IMDb

For those who don't remember -
he's the Whitestar captain who Sheridan asks to go to his death, in order to ensure the Shadows get false information which will draw them into a direct confrontation with the Vorlons at Coriana 6.

Reactions: ctg
I've always thought of it as an early acting credit and not a cameo. I don't think he was well known enough at the time for it to be a cameo.

Always liked the Scott Adams (Dilbert cartoonist) cameo in season 4 (I think).

Having looked at his list of credits on IMDB, I think it's most likely to be an early-ish acting credit.

I would guess by that year he was established even if he wasn't playing major characters.
As to cameo: in a traditional sense I'd say acting role rather than Cameo; but there might be differing opinions about what a Cameo is.

For instance Tim Barron (who is a radio personality in my home town) had a quick walk on role in Deathwalker episode(B5) and I would call that a Cameo.
later in the same episode The Long Night in which Cranston appears he has an acting credit with a line and he is credited whereas in the Deathwalker episode he has no lines and is not credited. (Tim Barron does have an actor resume, but it is far shorter than Cranston's)

Cranston is credited so I'd call that an acting credit.