No fiction in the blogs, please

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Just a general pointer that I want to keep general fiction out of the blogs section, please. :)

While some form of autobiographical and similar writing is fine, I want to avoid the blogs section being used as a self-publishing vehicle for unpublished stories.

This has actually been something of a forum policy for a while, but I realise that I haven't been clear on that point - hence why I'm doing so now in this announcement. :)

If you're not sure about anything, feel free to ask in this thread, or in private with me or one of the other staff. :)

Last edited:

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Just a general pointer that I want to keep general fiction out of the blogs section, please. :)

While some form of autobiographical and similar writing is fine, I want to avoid the blogs section being used as a self-publishing vehicle for unpublished stories.

This has actually been something of a forum policy for a while, but I realise that I haven't been clear on that point - hence why I'm doing so now in this announcement. :)

If you're not sure about anything, feel free to ask in this thread, or in private with me or one of the other staff. :)
Just to check - is this the forum blogs or the have you updated your blog thread? Occasionally I pop up a free short (might have one coming up) on my main blog.

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Good point - I just mean the chrons blog section, linked to the main nav tab at top: Blogs | SFF Chronicles

I've added a link for that in the original post.

Banning links to fiction would be too bizarre and draconian - I just want to avoid the blog section here becoming jammed with fiction that everyone is posting and nobody is reading. :)

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Sorry, Brian, I didn't know about that. :oops:
It's okay, you've been posting pieces that I'd consider non-fiction and don't have a problem with. Even if you twist them to be larger than that, you're still effectively writing something autobiographical, and that's not a problem.

Phyrebrat

ba-Ba-ba-brat
Thanks. I'm relieved at least.

I was more concerned with my Scrapyard experiment and recent posting of my missed 300 challenge entry.

Louise Fouracre !!! Ooh you've just ruined my Sunday :D

pH