The Simpsons Breaks TV World Record

We have a soap opera that first aired on 9th December 1960 and has over 9000 episodes. Thought I'd Google it just to be annoying:whistle::D
Just to one-up you, if you include its original radio incarnation, Guiding Light has been in constant production since 1937 (1952 for TV), and consists of over 15,700 episodes!!! :ROFLMAO:

becoming the largest number of episodes for any scripted television show, breaking the record held by "Gunsmoke," which aired 635 episodes.

So I think the radio show is out of contention, but I'm sure plenty of soap operas have gone on longer.
But the pertinent question is...is it any good?
Should it have stopped 15-20 seasons ago?

I haven't seen The Simpsons in over 15 years, so probably. :D (Note, it's not because it might not be good, but just happenings of life.)

Yeah, even the creators of the show have wanted it to end, but surprise, surprise, Fox won't let them. Sad really. In its heyday it was the best and funniest social commentary ever. They got away with heaps because it wasn't live action. RIP Simpsons.

Yeah, even the creators of the show have wanted it to end, but surprise, surprise, Fox won't let them. Sad really. In its heyday it was the best and funniest social commentary ever. They got away with heaps because it wasn't live action. RIP Simpsons.

My favorite Simpsons episode was the X Files spoof.:D

I think The Sky at Night is the longest continuous running TV show, but it is only shown once a month. On radio, I expect that The Archers beats all comers. As an animation I think Micky Mouse or Tom and Jerry must be stronger contenders. However, there must be some record that The Simpsons must have beaten, we just need to pinpoint it exactly.

Simpsons certainly wants to end - the newer series are clearly showing that they are lacking direction and the same charm that it once had - sadly its not just a TV show its a whole industry unto itself. It's a shame FOX killed off Futurama as that would have ben a very nice way to ease off simpsons and ease into a new running series which at least had the ability to be fresh (whilst Simpsons is now almost repeating many story lines several times over).