Gathering (Chronicles of Empire 1) available for pre-order

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
chronicles-of-empire-com-1.jpg

Just to let everyone know that the ebook for Gathering (Chronicles of Empire 1) will be officially released on November 7th, and is now available to pre-order from Amazon:

As I'm not able to hold the paperback back for pre-order, that is available now.

In the meantime, I'll post another announcement about this on November 7th. Then on November 15th I'll send out an email to all chrons members inviting them to buy it (my apologies if anyone already has by that point).

Something to note is that I will *not* be running any price promotions on this - I am too busy writing books 2 and 3! :)

Then on November 15th I'll send out an email to all chrons members inviting them to buy it.

Is that something you will be doing for established Chrons members as well who have made as big a contribution to the community as yourself? Teresa or Jo for example?

I've made a big point to do as much as I can to support every other writer on chrons, but I've always held off from using the email system as much as possible. IMO people join chrons because they are interested in community, and would not be happy to receive email notices except in the most exceptional circumstances - hence why I almost never send them.

Having no experience with online sales or Amazon, is there a particular reason some countries have the option to order the paperback version whereas others don't? Because I would have ordered a paperback copy, if I could've, but it does not appear to be an option for me.

is there a particular reason some countries have the option to order the paperback version whereas others don't?

It's a limitation of Createspace distribution, by the looks. It seems the paperback is available (in English) in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the USA, and Canada. I'm really surprised it's not available on Amazon.nl though.

It can be bought directly from Createspace in the USA:
"Gathering (Chronicles of Empire 1)" by Brian G Turner

but it's almost certainly going to be cheaper to ship from from somewhere else in Europe.