Question about Londo and Kosh

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
WARNING - SPOILERS FOR SEASON 2!

At the climax of Season 2, we see Kosh intervene to stop Sheridan from falling.

Everyone sees the event, and sees Kosh according to their own cultural paradigms.

However, at the end of that episode, Londo is asked what he saw - and he says he saw nothing.

Originally, I presumed that this meant that Londo literally didn't see anything. That somehow Kosh was not revealed to him.

But lately I've wondered whether Londo did, of course, see a form of Kosh according to Centauri mythology. However, if he did, it could have been a blatant acknowledgement that the "forces of light" were helping Sheridan and not Londo. Hence why he denies seeing anything - because it underlines that he's chosen the wrong side.

But I don't recall if this is mentioned again - so does anyone know if there's a definitive answer to this? It's interesting to note that one of the first things Londo does in Season 3 is to try and end his agreement with Mr Morden.

I always saw this in two ways:

1. Londo is a liar (we know this is true) lol
2. Londo in fact sees nothing because he is influenced already by the Shadows

Whilst the viewer perception up until this point is still that Shadows are bad and Vorlons are good it can cast Londo in a negative light whilst still making sense further down the line.

Of course with the benefit of hindsight we know the Vorlons are actually the bad guys!