Order of books - website

Didn't seem to work for Stephen King Dark Tower series. It gives 'the wind through the keyhole' as number eight. That book is actually written after the others but meant to go between book 4 and book 5. Therefore it should be shown on the list as 4.5. Also he has since written a prequel to the entire series ( 0.0?) and that wasn't even mentioned, not even as a book 9. I have them all as epubs and have made sure mine are in the order of reading, not the order of publishing

Didn't seem to work for Stephen King Dark Tower series. It gives 'the wind through the keyhole' as number eight. That book is actually written after the others but meant to go between book 4 and book 5. Therefore it should be shown on the list as 4.5. Also he has since written a prequel to the entire series ( 0.0?) and that wasn't even mentioned, not even as a book 9. I have them all as epubs and have made sure mine are in the order of reading, not the order of publishing

Thing is published order is often the most sensible way to read things. Because even if a book is chronologically set before another, if its published after there's a good chance that it has some reference or build up to latter elements that, if read out of published order, can appear odd at the time. Or it might spoil too much of what is to come because it was intended as a latter bridge rather than as part of the flow of the story itself.

Thing is published order is often the most sensible way to read things.

Agreed, noting the word "often" - for example, it's not entirely satisfactory to read Lois Bujold's Vorkosigan books in published order, as they follow a career, and there's quite a few back-and-forths...

It looks to me like it's just an affiliate site that's been set up with a program to publish keyword-rich page titles from a database in order to attract search traffic and therefore affiliate sales. Seen plenty enough before from both sides of the industry. :)

The info itself is freely available elsewhere without being drowned out by Amazon affiliate links.

Brian - out of interest are there other sites that do a better job of displaying orders? I can't recall how GoodReads does it; but I know that often enough even author webpages can be a bit lacking in info when they get long winded series; or if the author does a lot of short stories set in the same world (and then further confuse things by releasing latter editions that might contain some of those short stories as well).

I often find myself on fantasticfiction.com when looking for author info on books. Although it does have Amazon affiliate links, it always gave me the impression of a site that was built to be informational first, and advertise as a secondary concern, as opposed to orderofbooks.com.