Some minor changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Brian G Turner, Oct 13, 2016.

1. HareBrain

HareBrain Bunny of Wonder Staff Member

It works for me (I used it to quote you) but I think someone else mentioned the same issue on another thread.

2. Juliana

Juliana will write for cups of tea

HB, for me it only copies the entire post; if I want to quote a small piece of it, like this:
    I have to manually cut the bits I don't want from the quote. (As in, if I highlight just a couple of words, it still adds the entire post to the quote)

3. Brian G Turner

Brian G Turner He's a very naughty boy! Staff Member

No, I've noticed this too and have been trying to apply a fix. Nothing has worked, so I've now asked xenforo support.

I think you misunderstand - while the forums have moved domains a lot in the past, I would only consider putting them under my own name or series name in the event of being so successful that either name would be a recognisable brand.

Additionally, it must also make good business sense to do so - for example, because I'd have a publisher able to help ensure the forums continued whatever my personal circumstances.

I mentioned all this simply because I'm being open and honest about my long-term goals - which are better measured in decades than years. :)

Juliana, Cli-Fi and ctg like this.
  4. HareBrain

HareBrain Bunny of Wonder Staff Member

Brian, were you aware that it still works OK in the vb3 fixed style? (I just switched to SFF Chronicles style and it stopped working.)

5. Brian G Turner

It works everywhere - except in the SFFchronicles style!

I'm hoping it's just a line of code gone awry somewhere and easily fixed - otherwise I'll have to customise a new sffchronicles style from scratch, and I'd prefer to avoid having to do that!

6. Cli-Fi

Cli-Fi Well-Known Member

Ah that then makes sense. Thanks for the clearup. Yes, that would make sense for branding purposes, but only if you become a household-type name.

7. Brian G Turner

I've seen it mentioned that becoming an overnight success takes around 10-20 years, so that's my next time frame to work with. :)

Juliana and ctg like this.
  8. Cli-Fi

Cli-Fi Well-Known Member

Even then, unless you want to always have your author name and public profile synonymous with this website, it might be confusing for the general public, but that's something for future you to deal with.