Westworld

I think the plot is greatly overvaluing the predictive power of the algorithm.
Small data allows Netflix to take an often amusing stab at what I would like to watch next. I don't buy the idea that super-big data would allow an AI to predict how each individual human life will end, much less clamp each person into a narrow lifetime channel.
I noticed that the bad news Dolores had sent to "free" humans, like that she had given Caleb, only provided a likely cause of death on an approximate expiration date. That information may have been more depressing than enlightening.

except that the AI is engineering the outcomes to match its own predictions. sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. something similar to this happens to a certain extent today due to socio-economic forces so i don't think it's unrealistic that a sufficiently powerful and intrusive AI could do the same thing.

overall I have enjoyed this season and I wasn't sure I would with it moving out into the real world. it's certainly different and I miss the western vibe, but i think they have done it pretty well. I like the murk between good and bad and the action has been pretty intense. not completely sold on the plot yet but time will tell.

although,

are we really meant to believe the park was somewhere in the south china sea? unless they annexed a country I don't really see that being possible.

and the "chaos" in the streets after Delores sent everyone their info was, well, odd...

Though I still believe this is all not just some digital reality within a digital reality, I'm getting a strong sense that one aspect will be a part of the outcome...

Serac is going to die badly... Naturally, he'll not believe it could happen to him until it's too late. He's too full of himself.

K2

Reactions: ctg
Though I still believe this is all not just some digital reality within a digital reality, I'm getting a strong sense that one aspect will be a part of the outcome...

Serac is going to die badly... Naturally, he'll not believe it could happen to him until it's too late. He's too full of himself.

K2

yep and
what's the bet there is an "oh f*ck" moment for him when he logs into rehoboam and sees its prediction for his life/death

yep and
what's the bet there is an "oh f*ck" moment for him when he logs into rehoboam and sees its prediction for his life/death

Or...
Maybe he'll check his RICO app and find out there is a 'personal' out on him...

RICO.jpg

K2

kN1j5BZ.jpg

Maeve and Serec. One is lying in a mix of white stuff and blood, the other one not very far from robocapolyse. It is coming, but the situation again did threw itself upside down, inside out, because Maeve ended back in the Warworld, once again fighting Nazis as if she had nothing better to do. Maybe it is even stranger that she didn't turn the Nazi fighters to her fighters at the moment she invaded their minds.

Hold on for a second, and think about it what she asked, because Serec absolutely fulfilled the wish when he returned Maeve back to the reset position. It's just she didn't take it as such gesture. Is it because she hate the historic bad boys and cannot see Hosts as her kind? They all have brains and her powers allow her to alter their AI routines. It's not like she needs them for the brain capacity, but rather as a muscle, or a buffer to shield herself from Dolores' attacks. It's just I cannot understand why Maeve is taking Serec's offer?

It is easy to keep shouting behind the small screen, but as an audience what else we can do?

sF4w4uJ.jpg

The greatest lie Devil managed to tell, was to make the people to believe he's not real. It is ironic to see the Man in Black dressed in complete whites, denying God and anything to do with religion as if he is still a devil, all while the therapist holds a familiar pad, highlighting Willim's chair. Is this in the real world or in another simulation? In the last episode we kind of decided that the Matrix theory isn't real, and in this one, you're thrown at it hard.

Why is it that Ghost of Dolores isn't haunting in Devil's head?

I loved that he told the therapy group the truth of how humanity had effed the whole planet. Used every ounce of it, every piece of land, technology and science to come at the point, where they are questioning their own existence on Earth. It's just at the same time it is fighting against the reality, the spaceship flying daily basis to exolocations, wherever they are.

I get that he's fed up with his synthetic life, unable to exit, because he's Dolores' prisoner. Maybe the funniest thing is that he acts just like Lucifer. William knows what he did, why he did it, why he was lost in the game that drove him mental until there was nothing else left but the truth. The plain awful truth that he couldn't handle, just like the Devil couldn't handle God's business even though he was the first one.

There are so much of parallelism, and symbolism in the Westworld that it amazes me. I do admit that it might be partially because of my mind, and how I see things, but even then others should do that as well. Frankly it amazed me that William didn't walk out, when he had a chance. Instead he willingly went to get an implant that looks pretty much the same Caleb has stuck in his mouth.

In my mind it leads back to Matrix theory especially when the medtech's claimed to be able to affect his mind with a click of a button. What else that thing is capable of doing?

hXFyX93.jpg

"It is not for a machine to tell us what the future holds for us," Charlie told Charlotte. It is the truth. No denying about it. Maybe it is the only truth in that mad world. I find it strange that there was gangbangers painting the Maze on the wall, when there is no real connection to what happened inside the Park to the outside world. The people living in it went mad for learning the truth, the machine produced one about how their live will go down. So why go bonkers?

We know from the PBB that the Authorities denied the truth, because they thought there would be an anarchy. I thought the same would happen with the Covid pandemic, but it didn't. Not until now when the cracks has started to appear in the picture. People getting angry, because they cannot sit down and do nothing all day long. Our cultures hasn't thought us to be patient. If there wouldn't be a lockdown, we all would be so busy with the hectic lifestyle churning in the world that isn't ours.

You look at money for example. The Authorities moaned for decades that it's the only thing that matter and hence we have to keep paying taxes, even though all this time they kept printing and calling the Fiat currency as cash money. Even though it held no more value than monopoly money. It is only ironic that the same rules that governs the monopoly money can be found in our real life world. In the real cash.

What is it about us that we cannot take life as it is and live it to fullest? That's what Charlie wants for his family. To not be dictated by something that's printed on paper or in the screen. Take out the politics, news and it's all pretty much the same. Day in, day out until we die. We can all cope together and do things without hating each other. That's what we have learned during this situation.

Humanity isn't the same as what it was just twenty years ago. We have changed. Just like they have in the Westworld. Only their destiny is harder because it's dictated by the writers pen.

No luck in there. Speaking of which, the whole Serac acquiring Charlotte's company fought against the Matrix theory, even though Maeve's illusion strengthened it. It is as if Serac had manipulated the game so that he would be the king regardless of Dolores' revelation. Yet, none of his men had taken their lives or skipped the duty, even though I'm certain they'd seen their profiles as well.

It is the crack in the mirror, and the divination is getting larger no matter what the Big AI is predicting.

Frankly, it had one job to do and that was keeping Serac safe. But it couldn't predict Hale's moves as Charlotte or even understand that she had prepared for everything. Including murder and mayhem done by the riotbot. I clapped and laughed out loud, when it mashed through the wall, killing her captor in a single smooth move. I guess it means I'm on their side, wishing for Dolores' plan to become success.

I loved that at the end, she became a Woman in Black. A god crawling out from a fiery hell. I suspect Serac's going to be in trouble.

01NpEod.jpg

Oh man, I would be totally freaked out if I'd have to sit in a group session with other of me. It would be so strange to talk to each other and at the same time ignore the quantum laws. In the reality they are in different stages, but in theory we are all in the same quantum level. Therefore, none of us can or should exist in the same place at same time, because it would break the laws and cause a TT paradox. However, if you take the invididuals from different worlds, different universes that are close enough to the prime timeline, you could create William's situation. In the Virtual Reality and in the Matrix, these problems shouldn't even exist.

What I don't get is why William's location is important to Dolores?

I was certain that the location Charlotte send ended to her, and yet it was Bernard, who came to rescue and questioning why William had been left in the AR session to execute his previous selves.
Maybe he'll check his RICO app and find out there is a 'personal' out on him...

I suspect RICO app is Dolores' creation, and Serac should be the last person to handle it.

What I like about this season is the whole idea of who does or doesn't have control of their lives and the warping perception of reality that seems so much like what Philip K Dick wrote in all his novels.

I know what you are saying but Dick doesn't own the idea. None of us can copyright ideas and since his time many of us has adapted his worldview. Some of us write supremly dystopic stuff with twists in reality. And sometimes it goes so overboard that it's difficult for the audience get a grasp from the story. But the thing is twisted reality has been there since the season 1.

Holy flaming female terminator!
Just as I thought Charlotte and her little family had escaped, boom! I was doubly surprise when she crawled out of the wreckage.
I hope Dolores has a new host ready for her. Charlotte's new charcoal finish is going to really stand out in a crowd of humans, even after she stops smoking.
I guess I'm rooting for the hosts in this battle for survival. I laughed when the senior member of the Williams, Bills and Billies therapy session described Humanity as a thin coating of bacteria on a ball of mud hurling though space -- maggots feeding on a corpse. Harsh but recognizably accurate as an assessment of our near-future.
Maybe it's just that, offered a pair of murderous villains, Dolores seems like a better choice than Serac.

I guess I'm rooting for the hosts in this battle for survival.

It is strange that we both root for the Hosts to win the battle. I know that the series shows more of them than humans. Hence we tend to gravitate towards them, even though we should be rooting for the humans. But it's just when you see them in such sad state, I'd rather let them go then vote for ending the robocalypse.

Maybe wish that they'll have a better life than we did after humanity is gone. It's not like they need to murder everything, even if it's in their programming. If Dolores would become an overlord for the humanity, it could be a better solution then death and destruction.

It seems this show tends to humanize the hosts and dehumanize the humans.

It especially stands out when a human identifies a host by the fact that they show too much compassion.

It seems this show tends to humanize the hosts and dehumanize the humans.

It's more like we don't know enough about the future humanity to put ourselves in their shoes. To our eyes they seem to have everything and all that stuff has corrupted them. So, in a way we don't feel bad because the humanity is already in the toilet. All that is needed is a flush.

A lot of humanities actions and even thoughts seem to be pre-planned for them, and we should probably be rooting for those that are self aware finallly--that includes the hosts.

Except: it's difficult to tell how much their self awareness is real.:devilish:

4dF6VXg.jpg

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

Man, what a setup. I was stunned for losing Musashi. Clementine and Hanaryo, what a beautiful couple. Honestly, I don't get how Maeve tracked down Musashi and his team. He should have known about staying low, instead putting himself in the centre of social circles. But no, not like the historical model, who rather chose to remain outcast than danger anything.

I also don't get why he weren't hanging on the swords, or even to a wakasashi as a side-arm then using a machine pistol. He scored on hit on Clementine out of fifty. Honestly, an useless action. It did do nothing, and this man historically won all the battles, even including the Masters of the Ninjutsu. What a shame, but from Maeve's perspective a much needed move against Dolores.

It's just how did she know where to send Clementine and how long the pair has been out doing the work for Ceres? Does the couple even know who is the boss, because it certainly isn't Maeve. Frankly, I'm expecting her to remove Ceres and taking control of whole operation rather than allowing him to use the Hosts as pawns in the game.

It is also maddening to think that the Hosts are fighting each other on who can at the end kill the humans. There was no remorse. No hesitation on any of their actions as they went through Musashi's bodyguards to get the man. In matter of fact, Hanaryo was offended by Musashi's action and she was talking about betrayal, while Dolores has been aiming to get a salvation to her people.

At the moment all we know is that Maeve is in deal with Serac, and she doesn't care who dies and who survives.

caHrcXb.jpg

So Dolores' plan is to make a nation for her kind and install Caleb as the leader. Really? The mastermind would give the reins to someone who doesn't know if they real humans or something else, which kind of leads back to the Matrix theory. It's just how does Dolores know so much about Caleb's past to suggest him directly about the leadership position.

It's just, she's going to need a lot of Host Cores as a nation without people, is no nation. It's just a group with a bit of land. Nothing else. What Maeve did in the previous season with the Other World is more suitable, because over there, they can be free and not fear prosecution, while in the Old Earth everything is turning chaos. If it's the real place, then the Other World is certainly better choice, as there's no nuclear pollution, weather change, or other catastrophes.

The tale that Caleb told to Dr Green showed that the game that should been encapsulated into the Park had been going for ages outside in the so-called real world, where the Authorities doesn't really care about the human lives. It is as if they were already taking orders from the Big AI or then the memories in Caleb's head are only memories and not a planted conjuration of false images.

But why would they do that? Why to mess with a mind of a single soldier?

Again, in my mind we are going back to the Matrix theory, where the humans couldn't accept ultimate happiness.

lN2MSvg.jpg

"We are too far out," Caleb said.

What? Too far out for .50 cal? A weapon that hasn't even been theorised yet, before it appeared into the small screen. Too far out. :LOL:

No Jesse. You have again been sleeping during the lessons. A heavy antimaterial rifle, chambered for 12.7x55mm will deliver the goodies beyond three kilometre mark. The problem is on the shooters as ninety five percent of the people doesn't practice shooting on Extreme and on Ultra Long Ranges, where the impact area is calculated within 10 - 15 meter circle.

In theory it is possible at the current technological level to build that gun, hook it to a drone and allow it to mark the targets in the field. The Rate of Fire however suggests that the AM rifle was directly connected to the Smart Targeting Device that then transferred the target coordinates to the Smart Bullets that the Pentagon trialled just three years ago.

I was supremely disappointed on the gun report. It didn't sound at all like a big calibre round, and the impacts weren't high velocity either. Still it's very possible to build such a weapon system today.

The revelation on what was waiting inside the cordoned area floored me. I had no idea that there was second Big AI. But I am glad that Dolores explained that Serec's brother was schizophrenic. It's just how did Serac allow it to happen, when he was always glued to his brother.

I was floored again when Solomon hinted that Caleb was an experiment and then they showed that Man in Black was one as well. But we already know that William is a host, just like Arnold and Hobbs. They were both scanned and replicated by the Park system, but that also suggest that the Park itself might have been connected to the "Crazy AI."

But if you follow down that path, Dolores and Ford ends up being Solomon's creations, and Ceras is the avatar of there other AI. If you apply that to the Matrix theory it seems that there are two competing Prediction Machines, or "Oracles," and in the current timeline Reheboam has been winning.

Almost like the dominating or the prime personality in the schizophrenic cases. So how many U designations there are in the wild, and are they all Hosts?

GxiYSg7.jpg

"The data had to change."

Those are all cryotubes. All storing humans, in deep freeze and in hibernation, as if they are on trip to somewhere. Solomon or rather Serac claimed that things had to change. That the world was on course for termination and they had to intervene. It is the same thing that happened in the Matrix. The people were put on the sleep and in that state, their brain functioned, while their bodies acted as living energy storages. Yet, they never knew what was real and what false.

I also cannot believe that Dolores became Solomon's Champion, while Maeve serves Reheboam's agenda. Frankly, there is no choice in the Big AI's present world. It's all fake. Nobody has a free will. The only free will that exist is in the Rico program that served Solomon's ideas. Neither one of them has the idea that they are the Chosen One. The ultimate expressions of each AI.

So, is it possible that Serac's AI also has people stored away, and the Park was their creation to give humans a chance to act their true nature as predators? If true, then it's again a simulation inside a simulation that are layered together as it was presented in the Inception or in Orwell's 1984.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

additional lines could be

Love is Hate.
Terror is Happiness.
Lies are the Truth.

Nothing is as it should be. What you see isn't real. There is no time. It's all just as illusion to make the human mind work. But Funny thing is that I said in the beginning of this season is that Caleb's and Dolores' situation resembles Man-with-a-machine-Meets-Machine rather than a Man-meets-a-Machine scenario.

xlBD9Pj.jpg

Man-in-White goes outside to see the world been swallowed by the darkness, by the chaotic reality that seemed to shatter people's mind. But that scenario hasn't so far worked for our world. Not for our reality. Look for example the SARS-CoV-2 epidemic. The humans didn't put up a fuzz. We stopped warring and accepted our faith instead of turning into the anarchy, where Toilet Paper acts as currency.

In the Park, humans had no choice. They had nowhere to escape when the Hosts went mad. That wasn't suppose to be the case, when the SHTF happened this time. Why the violence and desperation instead of acceptance and happiness?

We are free, no?

What I don't get is how the Man-in-White and Caleb ended up being humans, with William as savior and Caleb as the devil?

Great fight scenes, although I can't imagine how an android could be such a poor marksman with an automatic weapon at close range. He must be a proud graduate of the Empirical Stormtrooper Academy.
I liked the advanced weaponry that kept Dolores and Maeve in close proximity during their fight. Other than taking off the lower portion of Dolores' left arm, neither the drone nor drone-guided rifle seemed overly adept at hitting a moving target.
I got the feeling that Solomon's EMP-induced shutdown is permanent. Is the same true of those incarnations of Dolores and Maeve? I wonder how many versions of herself Dolores, the former victim of the humans, will sacrifice to ensure the survival of "her kind." It doesn't seem as if eight episodes are enough to bring such a loosely woven season together for a satisfactory conclusion next week.
I think William got the best line of the episode when he told Stubbs "Don't lecture me, you f***king can opener."

I liked the advanced weaponry that kept Dolores and Maeve in close proximity during their fight. Other than taking off the lower portion of Dolores' left arm, neither the drone nor drone-guided rifle seemed overly adept at hitting a moving target.

Once the smartrifle had been set down, I facepalmed. I couldn't but think on how on Earth it's going to hit the target from that angle. Although I had that same problem with the gundrone. Why it couldn't get a better angle? Also what it was packing when it couldn't do more damage?

Westworld Season 4 has been officially set by HBO, which has also confirmed the return of its creative team of Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy.
HBO’s renewal of the prestige sci-fi series—and retention of its spousal showrunners—won’t likely come across as surprising, even amid prevailing coronavirus-conjured uncertainty. While Amazon signed Nolan and Joy last year for a reported nine-figure overall deal, one that’s estimated to be worth as much as $30 million a year for its five-year duration, said deal allows them to continue their current gig. Consequently, while the series doesn’t exactly bring in Game of Thrones-like numbers—with Season 3’s premiere draw of 1.7 million viewers down from Season 2’s 2.1 million—Westworld’s proverbial pearl was always secure, ratings or pandemic be damned.

As Casey Bloys, president, HBO Programming, expresses of Westworld’s fourth season order:

“From the western theme park to the technocratic metropolis of the near future, we’ve thoroughly enjoyed every twist and turn from the minds of master storytellers Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy,” adding, “We can’t wait to see where their inspired vision takes us next.”
Westworld‘s current Season 3 run kicked off back on March 15, representing a radical departure for the series, which—in a manner akin to androids such as Delores (Evan Rachel Wood) and Maeve (Thandie Newton)—has freed itself from the arid Old West confines of the eponymous theme park, having changed its very setting to the outside world during the show’s near-future time period. Moreover, said new setting has yielded a newly-delineated dynamic, with Delores planning a radical robot revolution with the help of an alienated human companion in Caleb Nichols (Aaron Paul). Thus, a new grandiose struggle has been established for the series, primarily between Delores and her diversely-disguised android copies against enigmatic technocrat entrepreneur Engerraund Serac (Vincent Cassel), who has forced a liberated Maeve into servitude in his quest to protect his giant quantum computer A.I. creation, Rehoboam, which has attained a disturbing global reach, coldly calculating the fates of individuals.

Indeed, Westworld has experienced quite the evolution from its 2016 launch, which saw the show manifest as a cast-stacked intriguing remake of writer/director Michael Crichton’s 1973 film of the same name (famously headlined by Yul Brynner). However, the Nolan/Joy team turned the basic premise of deadly malfunctioning androids in an Old West theme park as the thematic backdrop to an introspective story dealing with heavy themes steeped in ethical and metaphysical quandaries, presenting its complex story in a non-linear fashion for the first two seasons.
With HBO’s renewal of Westworld Season 4, viewers will be assured that the evolution of this monumentally thought-provoking series rife with sci-fi action will be allowed to continue. However, like with anything in these days of quarantine, it’s difficult to determine exactly when we’ll get to see the fourth frame. After all, the show’s current season arrived after having skipped the entirety of 2019, and that was on a pre-COVID-19 schedule.

We will, nevertheless, keep you apprised on the status of Westworld Season 4 as the news arrives!

PZMB9FK.jpg

All hail the robotic overlords! The King is dead. The Oracle is no more. Long Live the new King Jes... er, Caleb!

Man, what an end to the rollercoast ride that this season has been. I would give Emmy and Golden Globe for this series. One for the writing, and another for the direction. Although, when you get to HBO production, the quality has to be marvellous or it won't cut. So, it is hard to suggest an nomination for the actors, when they are all stellar in what they do.

In a story sense, the WestWorld has always been a rather challenging piece for the audience to watch. HBO's Chernobyl was much easier. It dealt with the real world and it showed us how the Authorities can go wrong, and where there should be a free will, it is confined by the law and its instruments. The WestWorld however has shown us that the free will is hard. We all have it, but not that many chooses to exercise it. Instead it is rather easy to just fall on the tracks that has already been set for us. For those who aren't rich or part of the elite, the choice might seemed limited.

But is it really so? Aren't those in power locked down by their riches, where us, the poor, the unwanted, the grey and the forgotten, we have the real power to choose what we want to become. It's just it's easier to choose life, job, career and family. To get tied down by mortgage, bills, the boring old mundane life, where we know we are nothing but just number in the system, instead of choosing the free will.

We all think it is easy to choose the right thing, when it's not. Not really. To choosing no life, job and career is hard. To utter, "I cannot take this no more..." is something we are grown to custom to see in the television and very often in the silver screen.

All that liberation and chaos is a dark urban fantasy. It is interesting that at the end the Matrix theory grumbled, but at the same time they reached the same destiny. Just in the Matrix it was rose, glowing future in the world that had been ravaged by conflict, where as the conflict is really only starting in the WestWorld.

I liked that at the end Cerac lost his power and he couldn't stop the revolution, because Rehoboam, the Big Ball chose to give the control to Caleb. Although I can suspect that Dolores had something to do with it. Maybe the most intriguing thing is to think that Dolores AI core somehow managed to influence the Big AI, or at least open its eyes to see that one of its creators were absolutely corrupt.

Cerac though himself as a God and in a way Big AI enabled him to take that role, even though he was never really in the control. The Acts of God still happen. You cannot make the humans to fit in one pattern and expect them to obey. Think about that RICO program for a second and you might see that all its players had a free will to say no to the offerings.

Hale's ghost stopped Dolores, even though there's a plothole in the way she made it to happen. The AI core, small or big, has defences, parameters, protocols, and so on before you can enter into the core, and alter the programming. Hale's Ghost in the Shell shouldn't have happened, because there was no time for her to make a special Host for Dolores. One that could act as Trojan Horse, unless she always expected to loose in her deal.

Dolores said that she was the first one and all the others are related to her, because her model worked. But she always left out Bernard, Ford's love and didn't assume that their Creator might had had other prototypes. Now, Bernard is in the role of saviour, a digital Jesus, while Hale chose to conjure the Devil on her side.

The end is nigh.

Questions
- Did Stubb's survive?
- What the Man in White did in the between and why it took so long for him to reach the printing facility?
- Who are being printed in Delos research facility?
- What are Caleb's and Maeve's roles in this new world?
- Why some people assumed that Caleb was a terminator?

I think @ctg what the answers are to your debate:

Is that Delores--having learned the human algorithm--planned for the exact end we saw. Minor things such as Caleb taking out that guy at the portal she could only hope for, but others such as what Serac would do, Maeve, or Charlotte she could either plan for or count on.

As an example, though Caleb might have had a control program on the drive, the ultimate plan was Maeve would want her daughter so bad she would help Serac...at first. Charlotte whether through programmed intent, OR, perhaps predicted events, OR, perhaps even Delores arranging it would become attached to her family and then enraged at their death and in the end help Maeve (who could never realistically take out Delores), get Delores captured.

So, the plan was, Delores would be hooked up to Rehoboam and download the control shift directly. She could predict mathamatically what everyone would do. As to her death, besides the fact that most hosts are suicidal just wanting out and it all over--her included--by copying herself, she really isn't. Proof of that her, final revenge against William via Charlotte.

As to Caleb being the new king, it's anything but. He destroyed the very system (Rehoboam) which made him king. So now, everyone is equal on a level plane...did anyone else get a sense of 'Fight Club' at the last, music, buildings blowing up, man and woman staring at the old world falling?

Anywho, my guess is Delores as the 'first one' the core elements of everything, planned it all as we saw it. Everyone else pawns with various motivations to ensure no matter the events they all led to that singular end.

As to the season itself, the imagery was great, I loved how everything was near future tech--not something we can't imagine being built today. The script, though it had some surprises I thought was a little too straight forward. I also thought the reactions of the people once they read their files was a bit over the top. Yes, some might be mad that life was mapped out and do all they could to counter that, but my guess is most folks wouldn't have understood what they read, and even more would have simply turned inward, reflecting upon who they were instead.

So for me, visually and tech wise the season was awesome...story not so much. BUT, thus far I've loved the entire series. Hopefully season four (which I missed the last bit after the credits) will have a nice blend of the depth we found between season 2 and 3.

K2

The action, particularly round two of the bout between Maeve and Dolores, did not disappoint. I thought wiring Dolores to Rehoboam bore a melodramatic resemblance to tying a helpless maiden to a railroad track, but we would not have gotten those agonized screams if they had simply removed her brain-pearl for the connection.
I was afraid that they were going to bring her back by downloading her data back to her pearl, which would have been hokey. Still, I will not be surprised if Dolores reappears in some form next season. She still survives, although no longer as a carbon copy, in Charlotte.
The most fascinating scene in this wrap-up was the flawless CGI reassembly of Dolores. I would have liked to have seen a little more of Caleb's work in constructing her metal skeleton before reinstalling her brain-pearl and bringing her back on line. I was surprised that the pearl was inserted through her face, not installed from the back. It reminded me of feeding a baby bird.
Baby birds can't snap chains like Dolores did a few moments later. This particular reincarnation, I suspect, did not follow standard host specs. Maeve seemed genuinely surprised when her katana failed to remove Dolores' arm, and Dolores quipped that she had been "built to last."
(Note to future android builders: Make them weaker than humans. You'll avoid a whole lot of trouble.)
I was a little disappointed that the ending was not a triumph for the hosts, considering that Humanity was doomed to self-destruction without guidance. Free will vs. fate is one of those unwinnable arguments. Who know whether free hosts will avoid fate any better than free humans?
Bernard's return from his visit to digital paradise opens all manner of speculation. Will he have a message for Maeve from her daughter? The accumulation of dust on his head indicate that he had been gone for an extended time. Stubbs is probably still hanging out in the bathtub, unless something happened to his pearl.
I was shocked when William's quest to save Humanity by destroying every host was abruptly ended by his host doppelganger slashing his throat. I thought that if any original character would survive the entire series it would be William. Maybe he still will. ;)

I was shocked when William's quest to save Humanity by destroying every host was abruptly ended by his host doppelganger slashing his throat. I thought that if any original character would survive the entire series it would be William. Maybe he still will.

Somebody has to find his pearl, but there's a lot of time between Bernard getting dusty and William finding his way to research centre. Although we could assume that he went around the world, gathering his stuff, and getting stronger, and by the time Bernie comes back, the robocalypse is ready and Haley will try to take over the world.

By the way I was certain that he would have won the fight if he hadn't got frozen on the sight of himself coming towards. If I put him in the metaphor, it's like Archangel gets slashed by Archdemon and the Hell is ready to conquer the Earth. But I am still wonder what's the deal with the rockets? Does humans have presence in the space or not?
Who know whether free hosts will avoid fate any better than free humans?

Can they stop X-class solar eruption from erasing them? Cooking the electronics with radiation? Can they stop a comet from impacting Earth and turning it to hell for few decades? Can they replicate, or is it one of trip to tomorrowland?