Westworld

Looks very cool. I expect it will still be quite slow moving, but you never know.

I watched season 1 , but only got a few episodes into season 2 , stopped, not because it was bad, but because it felt like Tap-Dancing, wasn't clear to me they had a continuing story. The preview sure looks odd , maybe I will have to check it out.

The WestWorld, especially the second season is more complicated than The Nightflyers. I recommend reading our posts, it might help, but you are right, it is not an easy thing to watch, because it's so complicated.

The WestWorld, especially the second season is more complicated than The Nightflyers. I recommend reading our posts, it might help, but you are right, it is not an easy thing to watch, because it's so complicated.

I agree 100%. In fact, season-2 really put the whole thing into a new and (for me) credible perspective. Season-1 made sense on a somewhat shallow level... See Bob. See Bob torment the robots. See the robots fight back, while still being mindless robots... Season-2 changed all that adding a lot of depth, and really made the show interesting to me.

K2

I did watch the 2nd season of Mr. Robot, that is one of the damnest sequels I have ever seen!
Mainly because 1st season was so self contained right down to the ending , which I think was a calculation since they probably never expected another season.
The next season did leverage off the 1st but in such a nonlinear way that is was a big surprise.
I have not seen the 3rd season.
Talk about a show you have to pay close attention too!!

I did watch the 2nd season of Mr. Robot, that is one of the damnest sequels I have ever seen!
Mainly because 1st season was so self contained right down to the ending , which I think was a calculation since they probably never expected another season.

I'm not sure if I want to see the final season of Mr Robot. Third season goes even further into Elliots mind, and you'll see some very abstract scenes, especially in the season final that put me off. Personally I loved when they were still doing the hacks than venturing into the madness/paranoia that conflicts some many hackers.

Even if you manage to get out from the job, sooner than later you start to think about did you made any mistakes, forgot to wipe logs, underestimated the opposition and so on. WestWorld doesn't show that as the robots doesn't have consiousness like we do. They don't feel same way as we do if they pull a trigger and snuff someone's light.

In the second season of WW you will learn the reason behind the motivation, and you will learn that there was dark secret behind all of it. At the end, the robots seem to make humans to be monsters even if you've seen for weeks automations being absolutely monstrous.

At the end, I wanted WW to end as much as I wanted Mr Robots third season to finish. I didn't wanted to know anymore, but with The Nightfliers that was reversed as I wanted to find out, if they can do a successful run.

I know my own books are complicated plots, but to my defence, the complexity is one of my strengths. I also try to give explanations to things, even if they come in the next instalments, rather than leave the big questions hanging in the air. Maybe the problem is that I try to be like the old masters, and replicate their success by using complexity to make my books rich in details.

Boneman, my editor likes it, because everything is in layers and connected together. Just like it is in the WW and GoT.

hmm that preview looks... interesting. obviously (or not I guess) set in the real world and with seemingly a very different storyline. surely we will get back into the park at some point?

to be honest I was not confident they would be able to make a third season that was compelling and still linked to the park, and i'm still not sure. but, it does look like it's worth a chance.

but, 2020? seriously? sigh. what's with all these two year breaks between seasons?

hmm that preview looks... interesting. obviously (or not I guess) set in the real world and with seemingly a very different storyline. surely we will get back into the park at some point?

Or... shades of Bladerunner perhaps? Though so much could be done with the park, imagine all of the possibilities if instead they're 'living among us.'

K2

Or... shades of Bladerunner perhaps? Though so much could be done with the park, imagine all of the possibilities if instead they're 'living among us.'

K2
true, but without the park it kind of stops being Westworld and becomes something else I think

I think that is true of a lot of series. They have an idea and have to a couple of seasons need to do something else, or they go the repetitive route and hope people keep lapping it up.
They could go back to the park, but it seems the park has failed. Maybe if it lasts a couple more seasons they will show a reopening?

extrapolating wildly from the minute and a half in that preview:
"bad" main character meets one of the hosts, she's in trouble and for some reason they need to get back into the park to save her and the other hosts. MC goes in to the park and the shenanigans begin. possibly in a reconstructed Westworld, even with a duplicate Dolores, Teddy etc.

I think they need a way to keep the sympathies of the audience with the hosts and ex-hosts

Violent delights may have violent ends, but Westworld’s enticements are in no danger of freezing all motor functions anytime soon. Which is happy news for us, pilgrim. Indeed, HBO made the unsurprising announcement all the way back in May 2018 that Westworld season 3 had been greenlit, even as the second season had yet to air its third episode.

Unfortunately, the nature of Westworld's vision means that each season of the series is created painstakingly, which is great, but it does mean that a lot of time passes between runs.

Here's what we know so far...
Westworld season 3 plot, trailer, release date and more

Showrunners Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy have been talking about season 3's direction in a new interview with EW:

“This is season is a little less of a guessing game and more of an experience with the hosts finally getting to meet their makers,” said Nolan. "I love shows that find a groove and hang with it for 100 episodes — that was never this show. "We always wanted every season to find our characters in radically different circumstances. And with a cast this talented, watching the metamorphosis of all these characters is one of the most fun parts."

Aaron Paul's new role in the series is to be a fresh looking glass for the escaped Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood):

“Aaron’s character will challenge Dolores’ notions about the nature of humanity,” Nolan confirmed. “He’s the type of person who doesn’t get to go to Westworld.”

Joy added that the start of season 3 won't feature a time jump from the end of season 2 “We’re looking at the aftermath of the massacre in the park. After all they went through to get out of the park, Dolores finally got what she wanted, so we wanted to see how she interacts with the world and what her plan is. That’s a part of the story we were excited to tell.”

If you're wondering whether Westworld is going to go full Lost on us, Joy sought to nix that notion in a previous interview with Stuff:

“We have an ending in mind; we’ve had it from the pilot. It’s very emotional, I think. I can’t tell you exactly when that ending will come… but I think for every season what we try to do is tell a chapter of the story that gives you closure and then opens a door to a new chapter…The overarching question of the series is, what will become of this new lifeform? So I feel it would be irresponsible to not have an end goal in mind.”

As usual the trailer probably spoils a bit too much of the story. But looks entertaining!

It seems like there may be more action than in the previous two seasons. The first two seasons are excellent, but a bit ponderous at times. Will be interesting to see if there is still a lot of talking, or it will be more action heavy as it seems from the trailer.

Well, that's his problem. I had no issues with season 2. Or season 1. For me the big question is how will it all play out in Realworld.

I think I'll reply to that article with what I did a while back:

I agree 100%. In fact, season-2 really put the whole thing into a new and (for me) credible perspective. Season-1 made sense on a somewhat shallow level... See Bob. See Bob torment the robots. See the robots fight back, while still being mindless robots... Season-2 changed all that adding a lot of depth, and really made the show interesting to me.

K2