2.15: Fear The Walking Dead - North

ctg

weaver of the unseen
6qCY8SE.jpg

Nick (Photo by Richard Foreman/AMC)

When Travis' rage causes unrest at the hotel, Madison has to choose whether or not she will stand by him; Nick becomes leader of the Colonia as Narcos close in.

So the beast was out. The cat couldn't be put back in the box.

Hail to the Kirkman and the AMC. FTWD is steadfastly becoming as fantastic as its parent show. It has done it in two season, where as TWD got me from the beginning. There is no turning back. I need to know what is going to happen in the future.

I don't care if the people hate this serious, but what FTWD crew have done is fully working in the Kirkman's world. It is the extension. Another view. Another awesome story from the bearded man. I hope he'll get the message.

It is true that the core is also same. But to be honest, it's kind of part of the soul of this series. Just like it's the same to the parent one. The darkness is very real and it shows how far man can go in the event of something of horrific as what has happened in these series.

You can be assured, it will continue rolling down the same road. Nobody will be safe. But somehow we managed to single out one in the kill-list. Nobody didn't predicted it would happen this way. I cannot do that even with the parent series.

What did you think about the final episode?

It has taking the two series to get me hooked.

Nick showed a lot of maturity, shame he led them into an even bigger danger.
Looks like the survivors in the north have no intentions of taking in refugees.

Reactions: ctg
With the final few episodes the show has reached the level of TWD. A good finale. Plenty of open storylines for next season. This was the origin story of the TWD universe whilst Rick slept.

What a perfect ending for Marco and the Narcos. They got to keep the gang together and become part of a much larger gang. Sweet. Also nice of them to provide weapons for Travis and Madison.
I guess the Colonia refugees are just a group that needs to be led, whether by a visionary pharmacist or a gringo niño junkie, albeit a very savvy one. A more experienced leader might have done a little scouting before strolling through the border gate with the entire, mostly unarmed group.
Madison's quest to find Nick, who really doesn't need her, serves a more useful purpose in distracting Travis from his belief that he failed Chris as a father. No time for grieving in Kirkman's Universe.

Reactions: ctg
I have a very important question, now the second series of fear has finished and TWD doesn't start till nearer the end of the month what on earth am I going to do on a Monday evening without my weekly fix of undead and hard core survivors.:eek::eek::devilish:

I have a very important question, now the second series of fear has finished and TWD doesn't start till nearer the end of the month what on earth am I going to do on a Monday evening without my weekly fix of undead and hard core survivors

It won't be long. AMC personally is showing all six seasons back to back as a prep for the upcoming season. I personally recommend investing a little bit of time to Ash vs Evil, Aftermath, Strain's third season if you want to satisfy the need to see survivors.

Over the weekend comes VanHelsing. It has a strong and mysterious female lead, for the cast that's living in apocalyptic world at the aftermath of world getting blanketed by permanent clouds as a result for Yellowstone going super-critical.

The situation is very similar in elements to Syfy's another supernatural show called Aftermath. I could as well call it Hell-on-Earth, as there are so many catastrophic situations happening at the same time that it almost feels like the world is really coming to end. Seriously.

There isn't much of clues about why it's happening, other than the producers deliberately hyping up the tension, while they make sure that viewers know nobody's safe. Be prepared for unexpected twists.

Ash vs Evil Dead in turn is on second run to show the audience who's the boss. With a chainsaw hand. Boomstick and a mind of the worst womaniser the planet is carrying on its surface. In the other side Lucy Lawless commands the forces of hell. All mayhem being overseen by Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert.

But personally I would take time to enjoy everything that the horror month can offer. Too bad First Interview isn't still out. Otherwise I would have recommend that as it won't be long before I can give the book 2's second edit to hands of the beta's, while I concentrate to finish the third one.

It's no secret that zombies are in it. But they're just part of the larger cast of supernatural beings Jeff and I have presented the reader as we take them through necromorphis of the main cast. The death isn't the end. It's just an option.

I think that's enough of off-topic from me. Others might have different options. But whatever it is, it's a pleasure to have you guys showing up regularly to discuss dealings of humanity at apocalyptic situations.

Great end to the series. The 2nd half of season 2 has been generally excellent. With Chris's death they removed who I suspect was the least liked main character.

I wonder how Strand will figure back in the story. It seems inevitable Ofelia will meet with the others again.

There have been some quite poor reviews of the series so doesn't bode well for its long term. I'm sure it will get a season 3 if not already. Going back to the US does somewhat reduce it's uniqueness from the main Walking Dead series, particularly as we are passed the initial stages of the outbreak.

gabe reyes.jpg

Chris apparently survived his accident and kill shot, although the poor
dude is now confined to a wheelchair on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.
He's going by the name of Gabe Reyes, but I saw through the disguise. :D