DISCUSSION -- October 2016 300-word Writing Challenge (#23)

Good stuff, farntfar! A fun read. I loved 'Professor of Percussive Linguistics'! :)

fanntfar -- The rapid, jumping rhythm of this imaginative tale of the unexpected perfectly matches the nature of its narrator and plot.

Glen -- The author delves deep into the psychology of the protagonist to create an effective chiller.

Thank you, Cats.
And thanks also to you Victoria, for your wonderful review.

We should at the end of each year vote on the best challenge of that year. This month has been nothing short of exceptional. We could have an awards show. We could call it the Chronies.

We should at the end of each year vote on the best challenge of that year. This month has been nothing short of exceptional. We could have an awards show. We could call it the Chronies.

Great, another poll I'd get no votes in :ROFLMAO:

Great, another poll I'd get no votes in :ROFLMAO:

Bob Dylan just won the noble prize for literature. I'm not saying if that is right or wrong just pointing out you may have a chance at the "Chronies".

Bob Dylan just won the noble prize for literature. I'm not saying if that is right or wrong just pointing out you may have a chance at the "Chronies".

You are right, to be in with a chance I'd need to be included on the poll in the first place :LOL:

Thanks Victoria! Speculative content :D Maybe I should be writing the news.

I don't think I've said this yet but thank you, Victoria, for the review. It always sounds better than my actual story.

I'm sorry to say we've had to disqualify an entry for being over word-count. It's probably worth reminding people (even though it might not have been the cause in this case) that it's dangerous to rely on software for word-count duties unless you're absolutely sure what rules it applies, and even then it's unwise if your entry is close to the limit.

Thanks for the lovely review, Victoria, as always. The turnaround time on your reviews is scary - when do you sleep?! ;)

really didn't think i would be able to get anything in for this, but managed to avoid doing work for the last hour so scrambled something together.

some great stories already, with more to come i'm sure...

Back