2.12: Fear The Walking Dead - Pillar of Salt

ctg

weaver of the unseen
zNUneQf.jpg

Marco Rodriguez (Photo by Richard Foreman/AMC)

At the Colonia, Alejandro reveals his darker side; a hotel resident becomes violent and Madison springs into action.

Redeemed: Nick, Daniel, Madison, Strand and Alicia

Main Characters on the kill-list: Chris, and Travis

MIA: Ofelia and Daniel

I'm a bit perplexed by the Mexicans ability to make things far advanced to anything to what we saw at northern side of the border. Americans seemed to be lost for a long time, while in this series, Tijuana has made all sorts of advanced concepts, like the bus at the Wall of Dead.

But that same thing applies to Ofelia, who for once show that she's in the control, while in the past she acted much weaker person. I could as well say she was never the lone wolf type, she showed on taking the house alone and figuring out how to get replacement gas from the vehicle inside the compound.

It upset me, because instead of showing reasonable growth in the character, now everyone shows to be able to deal with the dead and the living. It is almost as if the producers have read our stuff and thought on showing rapid progress in all characters, instead of keeping the weak and plausible for the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.

In fact, whole Tijuana seems like its full of survivors. People, who are in the control so much better than anyone at the time in Rick's group. At the northern side, Rick's group were about just starting to understand how they can survive in Hershel's Farm. At the south, within those two to three weeks that has progressed down the line, people shows communities in control of the situation.

Does that upset you? Or is it just that Mexican people are so much better at this stuff than any other people?

Also what do you think about the first villain, Marco? To me, he shows to be a kitten compared to the Governor or Negan. There is almost no evil in him. Nothing other than taking opportunity of controlling ex super market. In the real world, I would think keeping head quarters in a place like that is quite a bit foolish.

Why? Well, a patient group take out Marco's guards and roll over his defences without losing members as casualties. Also supermarkets and other similar places are usually in clearly visible places. So, a similar kind of patient group could easily survey their real strength and plan accordingly everything.

What did you think?

Now that the location of the Colonia has been discovered by Marcos, the time has come for the residents to get a little proactive about their survival prospects. Instead of fatalistically waiting for the inevitably successful gang attack, they should take the fight to the gang headquarters.

They have weapons, organization and motivation. The Colonia residents might be outgunned by the gang, but they could have the element of surprise, as the gang probably considers itself invincible.

Speaking of weapons, Madison should make acquiring some firepower a top priority. They may have cleared the hotel of the dead, but pointy objects are not going to defend their little budding paradise against the living.

Turning on the hotel lights as a homing beacon for Nick was just stupid. Madison may have jumped into the leadership position, but she hasn’t realized that putting her personal interests on hold is part of the job.

I found it difficult to believe that the Marcos gang did not know the Colonia location. Regardless of how serpentine a return route Luciana might have taken, the gang could have surreptitiously tailed the “shoppers” back home at any time. As gang members, they seem fairly inept.

Also remarkable is how quickly the Nick, Madison and Travis storylines are coming back together. Although Ofelia has resurfaced, I wonder how much more we’ll see of her, now that she is heading north.

I have also been surprised how everyone has quickly adapted to the new world order. I feel there should be more of a learning curve.

Madison's reaction hearing Nick maybe alive was worrying. Also was surprised how quickly she forgot that she has other responsibilities and has put not only the others in her group in danger but also Alicia, it reinforces her feelings of been unloved.

Reactions: ctg
Madison for all her qualities is a liability. Turning the lights on...lock her up with the other lady!

Reactions: ctg
Madison for all her qualities is a liability. Turning the lights on...lock her up with the other lady!

Good observation. The consequencies of her actions are going to stress hotel for being an excellent hideout, if they would have understood the value of staying hidden during first six months, when there's so many living still wandering between places.

I didn't realise it until I saw next episode. And then it becomes so obvious and well written twist in this years story. It makes me wonder what's in the store for remaining episodes.