Red Dwarf XI

Cheers, Vince. Interesting strategy given the gap between X and XI (that might have been because they had doubts about how well it'd be received).

DG, aye, I thought of Rimmerworld then too. He's more efficient than a garden strimmer, you know.

So Episode 4 is my favourite of the lot. Shades of Rimmerworld as mentioned.

"His name his name is Arnold Rimmer without him life would be much dimmer" - Arnold J. Rimmer

Yep, watched it with dinner tonight. After the comeback series the other year I didn't really hold high hopes for series IX, but damn, it's been good so far.

Just watched Krysis. I love the fact that they went for a Morgan Freeman sound alike in that role.

I've been impressed with the series so far. It has been really funny, but the level of Sci fi has been excellent and a nice surprise.

Loved the last episode. I've loved the whole series but I have to say all the actors have really got themselves back into their roles for this one. Everythibg about it felt like one of the original episodes. I feel Craig Charles in particular hadn't quite felt like the golden age Lister but in this episode he really nailed it.

Ah, I thought there was something missing from my telly box. I think from what @Ajid posted, this might have been a short series, 6 or 7 episodes. It's a shame if that's the case, they've been so good, and very almost as good as the first few series.

Yeah, seems like a 6 ep series. Damn pretentious BBC! (or something)

anywhere, where's me Zapped?

Didn't watch Zapped, but Dave might be testing the waters to see if it'll fly [ahem].

There was a slightly large gap between the two most recent Red Dwarf series, probably because Dave were unsure if it'd get the audience numbers necessary.

Dave always planned at least a six month gap between series XI and XII. They did film them at the same time however, so I don't think there's ever been any question that Dave would air series XII.

Really liked the first two episodes of the new series, so far so good. Was hoping they'd bring back Norman Lovett as Holly...but alas no. :(

"He's dead, everybody's dead, everybody is dead, Dave." Holly

I wasn't ever going to bother with new RD, thinking it was bound to be a disaster, but last week I stayed with friends who were singing its praises and I condescended to let them show me it. To my amazement, they've done a great job of recapturing the feel of the first few series. I'll certainly watch XII when it comes out.